Thread: Today i miss my old coworkers

Today i miss my old coworkers

I am going into the next few months of big anniversaries from my old job. I just posted on FB about how a year ago I did my major downsize to focus on buddhist study and art, one of the commentators was a former colleague. She left long before me. It brought up missing the good years and a lot of people. Also thinking about how I really dont have any friends from there.

I am working with a lot of new people this summer, and my assistant has been worthless since he turned in his notice. Just a lot of change in the middle of really painful anniversaries

I dearly miss the camaraderie I had at my longest employment from 1988-2002. I still "see" one former coworker occasionally, but we don't get together much at all. Back then, they were so close to me personally and I thought I would always have them in my life. But things change. Back then we all had kids at home, or were starting relationships. We had a lot in common to talk about and help each other through.

It is painful, true, like you say, especially since I haven't really replaced any of them. I have very few relationships anymore outside family. It seems harder as I've become older. Maybe we have less to commiserate about? Or our life circle has become smaller?

BUT, I did recently join the EGA (embroiderers guild of America) and hope that I become friends with the other people (there are a couple men) in the local chapter. After 3 meetings, I do feel like I fit. And I stepped a bit out of my comfort zone last fall joining Washington Outdoor Women on a couple weekend outings.

I guess the challenge is the "getting out there."
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Thread Information