Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Human composting--something you'd do?

Colorado didnt require embalming. Neither of my parents were. Personally i like the idea of being composted. I’ll be a productive part of the cycle of life. And i won’t be as environmentally unfriendly as cremation.

Catherine, for the record your post had me laughing big time. Such practical questions. Will the loved ones be asked to bring a bag of potato peels and other stiuff to the funeral to make the compost work right? I can just see it:

Small child: mom, why are we throwing food scraps on grandma?
    Mom: because she needs them to decompose properly. It's how we can show her we loved her.
    Small child: couldn't we have just given her a hug before we tossed her in this hole?
    Mom: ummm...

We have aqua cremation (Alkaline Hydrolysis) in Oregon. It is about twice the price of a regular cremation. The times they are a changing...

I somehow get consolation that I will be interred in my family cemetery plot that goes back several generations. I could double check and it might be worth looking into, but while there may be a way around embalming but I don't think there is a way around the concrete vault.

Thread Information