Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What to eat when you don't feel like cooking

I keep my comal right on the stove top. It's easy to just heat and warm up a tortilla and put topping on, or even grill a sandwich. Since it's seasoned cast iron, I just wipe it off most of the time. Very convenient.

Mid Atlantic coast after 30 years in No CA
    I like mixing dry roasted peanuts (unsalted) and golden raisins together and eating them from a bowl with a glass of water as a chaser--just the right mixture of sweetness and crunch.
    peaceful, easy feeling

Like HappyHiker, I also mix dried fruit/nuts for a mini snack - I have almonds and walnuts in jars on the counter (we use a lot of them) and other nuts/seeds in the fridge. Various dried fruits on hand at all times. Call it trail mix, call it an unprocessed Larabar - it's satisfying and filling.

Almonds are another quick meal along with a banana and some milk.

For me, it's a microwaved baked potato, a scrambled egg, and sliced tomatoes with finely chopped onions and a little bit of mayo on top.

Or soup. I make big batches and freeze it in individual servings in the freezer. Soup and crackers makes a great meal.

Canned chick peas -- dump in a bowl, pop in the microwave for 30 secs, finish with a drizzle of olive oil and Italian seasoning. Add some chopped fresh spinach if you have some on hand.

Tonight I had a toasted pumpernickel rye sandwich with mayo, tomato slices, thin red onion slices, and persian cucumber. It was so good I need to refrain from having another!

Wildflower
    You all are making me hungry!! It all sounds so good...

Granola and yogurt or popcorn are popular with me when I don't feel like having a full meal. I also will make up 8 or 10 burritos at a time, wrap them individually and freeze them to be microwaved later. My basic recipe is canned refried beans with cheese and maybe a little meat, but have discovered enough variations to avoid being boring. If I'm ambitious I'll do the refried beans from dried pinto or black beans. It's also a good place to sneek in a few left overs like rice or veggies. A little salsa for topping.
    Last edited by Rogar; 6-4-11 at 9:13am.

boy greg I love your choices! but yes the weight for me would be an issue

snacks; corn chips; dh has cornchips and salsa; because its summer; watermelon; if i am eating healthy; it would be a salad; greens from the coop with a can of tuna mixed in

and candy! if i am not staying on my salisylate free diet
    "I 'll walk where my own nature would be leading. It vexes me to choose another guide" Emily Bronte

Thread Information