Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Cleaning my house for 1000 visitors

That’s a ton of people. Pictures please)

You people are funny! I will humor you. First up: regular things in our house that we live with every day.

Tile Back splash tile in kitchen:

CAAB9748-07F2-4A51-BEEF-7DE40817CB60.jpg

Tile in context, upside down of course, sorry

0F2A6E26-C5A8-4B1C-A7D2-6ED88739B3B1.jpg

Spiral staircase from 2nd to 3rd floor, treads made from oak church pews. Also, you can See the fan window and French doors going into the master bedroom that are architectural salvage. There is a fair amount of recycled building materials in our house.

1EA01866-8914-49D2-956F-5EFB232EC29A.jpg

I love it all. The tile is unusual. You have great taste.

OMG, I love that staircase, especially knowing it was made of church pews. But that clerestory window is gorgeous, and what is the patterned thing to the left--with the green and red?
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Really interesting to see. Thanks.
    Gandhi: Happiness is when what you think, what you say and what you do are in harmony .

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    OMG, I love that staircase, especially knowing it was made of church pews. But that clerestory window is gorgeous, and what is the patterned thing to the left--with the green and red?
    The patterned thing is a four panel screen that DH made and I covered in fabric that goes with the colors of our living room, pink and green. It was upstairs during the house tour because it didn’t really quite fit.

This area of our second floor is what we call The Wasted Space because decades ago my mom commented “ oh my this is so much wasted space!”Ha ha. We designed the second floor this way purposely because there is only one tiny window in that area, it is up against the building next door, and it is very low light and I just didn’t want a dark little hallway or room.

The flooring is black and white marble tile which is very faaan-cy. I would not use that flooring today but at the time it seemed the right thing to do.

I truly believe the next owners of this house will redo the second floor, tearing out walls, putting in a different staircase and etc.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 6-4-19 at 11:08pm.

Great stuff - thanks for sharing! The staircase is lovely and I do think the backsplash is quite cool and not like anything I've ever seen.

Thread Information