Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cleaning my house for 1000 visitors

Gorgeous arrangement with the same questions as Cath. I would love to have done the tour for real.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    That is beautiful! Really gorgeous, IL. How do you keep the flowers watered? Are they in containers or do you use those little floral tubes? Your house is beautiful, too--it looks like you have fantastic architectural detail. Were those built-ins always there?
    Florals on the wreath are in tubes. Florals on the mantle are in wet foam. I am spraying them with water several times a day.

But I already took the wreath down, it was too big and dark for the total arrangement. I will probably hang it on the fence out front.

Dh built the book cases. Our house was a shell, stripped to 4 walls and a floor (and no interior staircases) when we bought it. He built everything.

I love the flowers. So pretty.

Better photos from tour today:

04DFFF68-DCC8-47CD-B4F2-7F724E998865.jpgE1E4DAC1-D917-4679-9CE1-29FE75A59EBB.jpg83EE9A4A-B575-4A6D-BC28-B03D4C28A680.jpg

Middle Shows table set with Victorian China and Victorian floral arrangement.

You have had fun with this effort and the effect is really lovely.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

I love your decorating. I have a similar square oak table and love it after 40 years.

Any idea how many people came through?

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Any idea how many people came through?
    About 700.

300 on Saturday, 400 on Sunday. We went theough 200 cups (we offered water.) it was a steady stream on Sunday, it was never really crowded and we only had short lines to get in.

These house tours are so unpredictable, you can never guess what will be the popular thing. With our house it seem to be the tile backsplash in the kitchen. at least 100 people had to touch it. It is a mid range tile, basket weave pattern, white and gray, nothing interesting. But something about it required people to touch it and when I asked some of them they said it looks three-dimensional.I guess it is Kinda.

Different people liked different things but the other most commented upon things were floral designs, pink chairs, the spiral staircase made out of church pews which was not on tour but we showed pictures of it.

outside they all wanted to know name of the weird tall plants. It was leek. They had to walk right by a fully loaded small cherry tree and many did not know what that was.

IL: I think we need to see pictures of the backsplash and the spiral staircase. After all, we are practically family.

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    IL: I think we need to see pictures of the backsplash and the spiral staircase. After all, we are practically family.
    I agree! Must be fun--like market research to have a huge group of people coming in and then finding out what resonates with them.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Thread Information