Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: freedom molucules

freedom molucules

I get it. The republicans haven't had a new idea in decades so they had to come up with something. But seriously? Freedom molecules? The best they could come up with in all that time is a re-purposing of the sad, pathetic freedom toast and freedom fries into freedom molecules to describe fossil fuels? Pathetic. I can't wait to hear about their beautiful healthcare plan...

https://www.energy.gov/articles/depa...s-freeport-lng

Are there actually new ideas in government?

Yppej
    UBI is a relatively new idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    UBI is a relatively new idea.
    I think Thomas Paine proposed something like it in the 18th century.

I heard about these "freedom molecules" as a way to rebrand the fossil fuel industry. What a bunch of ridiculous ****.

Honestly--I hate the whole concept of trying to make fossil fuels wonderful and patriotic, but from a market researcher's perspective, Freedom Molecules??? Doesn't exactly have a marketing ring to it, that's for sure. Maybe a little hip-hop jingle,

You're a fool
    If you diss my molecule
    It stands for freedom
    For the US Kingdom
    And I love me
    Some dirty energy
    Even if it kills me
    Cuz it stands for Freedom!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    I heard about these "freedom molecules" as a way to rebrand the fossil fuel industry. What a bunch of ridiculous ****.

Honestly--I hate the whole concept of trying to make fossil fuels wonderful and patriotic, but from a market researcher's perspective, Freedom Molecules??? Doesn't exactly have a marketing ring to it, that's for sure.
    It steikes me as a try hard effort, without knowing anything about it other than reading this thread.

It's hard to shock me with linguistic idiocy anymore. Abortion is women's health. Torture is enhanced interrogation. Spending is investment. Illegal aliens are undocumented immigrants.

But it's nothing new. Look at poor Naomi Wolf. Humiliated over assuming 19th century court records referring to "death recorded" meant "executed".

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    But it's nothing new. Look at poor Naomi Wolf. Humiliated over assuming 19th century court records referring to "death recorded" meant "executed".
    I felt bad for her. Imagine using that term as the basis of an entire book and then being corrected, live on the radio, in the middle of your book tour. Talk about red-faced!
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    It's hard to shock me with linguistic idiocy anymore. Abortion is women's health.
    Missouri, Louisiana and several other states are now Sanctuary States for the not yet born.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Missouri, Louisiana and several other states are now Sanctuary States for the not yet born.
    St. Louis is a sanctuary city for reproductive freedom. While I’m not really sure what this means and I doubt that the alderman who voted it in really understand it either, it intends to stop discrimination in employment or any other situation against those who, I dunno, abort? Talk about aborting? Use birth control? Not sure.

But the Catholic Church here seem to think it would hamper their ability to hire pro-life employees.

Haven’t heard much about this stupid legislation since was passed because it was past in a hot flash of election lead up a few years ago.

Thread Information