Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Borderline Personality Disorder

While your method ultralite works for you - with visual/behavioral health indicators - it doesn’t mean they necessarily have BPD. It could be histrionic personality disorder, or paranoid personality disorder, or actual paranoia, or anxiety, or PTSD ...

Just be careful not to diagnosis everything as BPD. you can certainly choose to avoid people based on your indicators - but it’s not a diagnosis.

Quote Originally Posted by Tammy View Post
    While your method ultralite works for you - with visual/behavioral health indicators - it doesn’t mean they necessarily have BPD. It could be histrionic personality disorder, or paranoid personality disorder, or actual paranoia, or anxiety, or PTSD ...

Just be careful not to diagnosis everything as BPD. you can certainly choose to avoid people based on your indicators - but it’s not a diagnosis.
    Agreed.

I don’t think it much matters which mental illness someone has, it’s just enough to know that they are not a stable persona and is not someone you want to have close in your life.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Agreed.

I don’t think it much matters which mental illness someone has, it’s just enough to know that they are not a stable persona and is not someone you want to have close in your life.
    I agree. Life is challenge enough...
    I'm sure we're all diagnosable.

Exactly. I don't need a label, just an understanding that there's too much trouble and drama down the road.

I don't have the power to diagnose anyone. I am not a mental health professional or anything like that.

But you are not supposed to call women "crazy" anymore. Not politically correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    I don't have the power to diagnose anyone. I am not a mental health professional or anything like that.

But you are not supposed to call women "crazy" anymore. Not politically correct.
    With a recent incident in which a friend proved herself to be emotionally fragile (after several instances of similar behavior of lesser intensity) I use now the phrase “not a stable person” for her. Probably that is not acceptable either.

DH, who isnt an especially insightful guy, who is calm and placid and doesnt pass judgement on most people, warned me two years ago that she “is going to be trouble.”

There is another woman in my neighborhood who is delusional. She has always been delusional. She is flat out crazy. And she is wrecking havoc on her huge Victorian house. She is thought to be behind dog poisoning incidents. She had her own dog chained for weeks and months. She is vile , all presented in a sticky sweet package of church and god and her self declared “good taste.” Her children are estranged from her, not a surprise. I will call out this person as “crazy as f—-“ with no qualms.

With a recent incident in which a friend proved herself to be emotionally fragile (after several instances of similar behavior of lesser intensity) I use now the phrase “not a stable person” for her. Probably that is not acceptable either.

DH, who isnt an especially insightful guy, who is calm and placid and doesnt pass judgement on most people, warned me two years ago that she “is going to be trouble.”

There is another woman in my neighborhood who is delusional. She has always been delusional. She is flat out crazy. And she is wrecking havoc on her huge Victorian house. She is thought to be behind dog poisoning incidents. She had her own dog chained for weeks and months. She is vile , all presented in a sticky sweet package of church and god and her self declared “good taste.” Her children are estranged from her, not a surprise. I will call out this person as “crazy as f—-“ with no qualms.

"Not a stable person."

I am going to use the absolute F*&% out of that phrase!

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    "Not a stable person."

I am going to use the absolute F*&% out of that phrase!
    LOL, I knew someone that once used the phrase, No Horse sense, as a euphemism for the same thing.

Agreed.

A bit late to the thread, but yeah, exactly this. Many years ago I dated someone who turned out to be "not a stable person" and while years later I realized he probably had some sort of personality disorder, whatever it was, it ultimately doesn't mean much. No matter what diagnosis/name/label you put on it, you are still dealing with an unstable person and the trouble/drama/chaos that comes from being close to such a person is not worth it.

The thing I don't understand is this: Why do people often say this? "Be careful not to diagnose someone!!!"

Thread Information