Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Borderline Personality Disorder

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    BPD - best to avoid. It's one of the several items on my no-fly checklist.
    Yeah, deal breaker for me too. I am interested in learning to rapidly clock someone who has it by various visual indicators or by things they say.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    Yeah, deal breaker for me too. I am interested in learning to rapidly clock someone who has it by various visual indicators or by things they say.
    Visual indicators? What do you look for?

Visual indicators? What do you look for?
    I watch their behavior. Do they react super emotionally to things that most folks would just dust off their shoulder? Do they tell you about experiences they have had where they felt abandoned or feared abandonment? Do they shift their personalities around a lot?

I mean observable things.

It’s terrible when you have to have a relationship with someone with BPD as in a family member. In my case, a daughter in law. Scary and hopeless especially with grandchildren involved.

Quote Originally Posted by cindycindy View Post
    It’s terrible when you have to have a relationship with someone with BPD as in a family member. In my case, a daughter in law. Scary and hopeless especially with grandchildren involved.
    What happened?

Rarely post but this is a subject close to me. My mother is borderline with bipolar disorder as well. Untreated and unrecognized by her, it’s been miserable for me and others close to her. Personally I would steer clear of having anyone with this in my life, but difficult when it’s your mother. I’ve read some great books on it, especially “Walking on Eggshells “. I try and cut her some slack as I know many of her behaviors aren’t controllable or even unusual to her. It’s always everyone else at fault. Needless to say,I’ve never had a normal mother daughter relationship and it’s been extremely difficult...I’m 60 now and still wish I’d had a “mommy”

"All drama, all the time" is exhausting. Maybe it's de rigueur for teenagers, but I don't know how or why adults involve themselves with BPD people if they can help it.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    BPD - best to avoid. It's one of the several items on my no-fly checklist.
    I'm intrigued and I mean this with no snark. Can I ask what else is on your no-fly checklist? Cool way of phrasing that, btw. (assuming no-fly checklist equals dealbreakers). Rob

It is about female empowerment - and many other things too.

Cluster B personality disorders are similar to one another in several ways. Cluster B includes borderline, narcissistic, and antisocial. Some people think that there’s more females with BPD and more males with the other two, because they are more alike than they are different, and traditional gender roles cause the gender differences in diagnosis.

Some people don’t believe BPD is a real thing. Some countries don’t recognize nor treat it.

Thread Information