Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: June Frugals

Got an offer in the mail from a big online mortgage broker with the come-on, "We'll beat any written offer for a mortgage you've been approved for. And if we can't, we'll give you a $250 Visa gift card!" Serendipitously, we'd just received an approval letter for a mortgage we'd been working on for some time. Online company couldn't beat it, said so, and sent us a form saying "as soon as you've closed on the house, fill this out and send us proof, and we'll send you the card!" This will cover more than half the cost of the home inspection...whee!

I finished the hundreds of cans of food my son had received over the years and did not want - green beans, wax beans, peaches, oranges, and olives. Now I am back to a normal level of grocery spending after getting as low as $19 a week.

Selah: That is a great score, free money!
    Yppej: With the canned food, I think you should get points for decluttering too!
    I thought I had posted on this, but I guess not. We had a local town fair and the Garden Club was selling plant divisions for between 1 - 3 bucks. I came home with 8 hostas and a canna lily thrown in for $10.00. I've been slowly trying to fill in a garden area in the dry shade under a Norway Maple with different types of hostas, so this gave me a jump for pretty small money.

I finally went to WaterFire, a free event, last night. Friday night I had drinks at a company paid farewell party.

Hostas are nice, and with many varieties to choose from.

Yppey: How did you like Waterfire? I would like to check that out sometime.

It was good to visit, but once you've seen it once I don't see the need to go again.

Waterfire was kinda spooky the first time, the people we went with wouldn't tell me what it was about. I saw all these people in black and a lot of drumming/ominous music. There's a lot of build up to the actual "event".

Thread Information