Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: June Purge

June Purge

Started June 1st on a very positive note. Had our town wide yard sale yesterday. Weather-wise it turned out to be a gorgeous day compared to all the rainy days we have had, so I was surprised that there were only two of us on our street that bothered to set up. There also weren't very many shoppers as compared to past town wide sales. Regardless, I ended up getting very lucky and managed to FINALLY get rid of two huge pieces of furniture and a box of collectives. Making money to boot was simply icing on the cake! So end result was spending a nice day with dd and bringing way less *stuff* back into the house. Very motivating and hopeful the rest of June will go as well with regards to the decluttering.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Yppej
    A sweatshirt.

Half a 10 x 20 dumpster. So far.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I have three big piles leaving the house this month. One pile goes to the quilt guild for their quilt show sale booth, one pile goes to a retreat where everyone brings items to either give to others or exchange, and a huge pile to the Animal Control garage sale. We are really cleaning house. Might end up with a car full.

Set of towels I don't like (too thin), 2 pairs of pants for me; one for DH. 8 or so plastic paper organizers I didn't care for and replaced. 1 large plastic display from DD's project in high school (saved it in case she needed to use the back side). Set aside a stack of craft paper I won't use to contribute to the give and take table at my next scrapbooking crop. Selling a purse this evening to someone off of FB Marketplace. Went through a couple of boxes of old photos, etc (I thought I was done last year!). Threw a bunch away. We had water come into our room downstairs last month, so I'm moving my craft stuff upstairs.

Oh yeah, DH and I went through the books that were in the bookshelves (also moved from the wet downstairs - no damage). We're donating probably 40% to the Friends of the Library for their sale.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

We have a community cleanup coming up this weekend. I'll be getting rid of a couple of defunct appliances, cardboard, and Styrofoam I've been saving up for just such an event.

I purged my dishtowel collection again. I should probably only buy plain dishtowels in the future. I'm guessing the minimalists among us cannot relate at all to the concept of "dishtowels that are too beautiful to use," or "dishtowels that are too stained to use but hard to let go of because they were once so beautiful." The second category is pretty much gone now, and I only have three in the first category, so the remainder actually have functional value.

I downsized all the dish towels, hot pads, when they didn’t fit in the rather large drawer.

We did our 2nd flea market this year on the 8th. As per usual, we donated a batch o' stuff to a thrift shop on the way home. Went to the dump the next day with a few more things. I found a new sf reader who may just buy the end of the older paperbacks. Woohoo!

Today was dump day, and I took another box of books to the swap shop and a fireplace tong we never used. Also 3 pieces off the construction debris, etc. pile.

Newgig: That's great that you have a swap shop. I wish we had something like that in our town.

Thread Information