Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: June Purge

I have another big bag for the thrift store.

We've been at the cabin since Wednesday night. I've finished 2 quilts. Thats 14.25 yards of fabric out! These will go to charity group in July.

Donation pick up yesterday - approximately 12 items gone. My donation corner is empty, so I need to get a new box and fill it up!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Have application for the next flea market on my desk, it’s mid month and local, which helps keep the work and expense down. Also because it’s local, I already know where the thrift shop is which will get the leftovers! Much less stress than it could be and that’s always good.

Is there a July purge thread going to be posted? I can make one if need be.

And... I am getting into the act.

I purged my job! Biggest purge ever

Quote Originally Posted by Gardnr View Post
    Amazing! I hope you are living the dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Gardnr View Post
    yes!!!
    !

If this house sale actually goes through, I will have the EASIEST move EVER! Only to the other side of town, which, in the tiny town I live in, is about three "blocks." I have lived tiny for the past three years and absolutely couldn't accumulate stuff and also have practiced purging on a daily basis. I have hardly any furniture (just a large wooden bookshelf with bins that I use as a dresser) and a bedside table and lamp. That's it!

Now, my boyfriend is a different matter. He doesn't have a lot of furniture either and also lives in a small space, but he doesn't practice purging (at all). He's not a hoarder by any means but there is a LOT of unnecessary clutter and stuff that just lays around forever...He says he can't wait to live together because I will help him be "more organized." I know, I know, it can be a slippery slope here but I have offered to help him pack (no judgement or shame). I have already claimed the new kitchen and bath to be my domain to arrange and organize. I frame it in the idea that he is really good at some things that I am not and I am really good at different things, like purging crap and arranging and organizing and making a comfortable home. We are having fun window shopping at antique and thrift stores and gallery hopping, talking about paint colors and cool decorative ideas. We actually splurged last week and bought an antique French wedding table out of distressed wood and iron to use as the dining table (neither of us really has a dining table so we just eat sitting on his couch using the coffee table) and at my house when we eat on the deck we have to balance our plates in our laps!

K. has a beautiful collection of really nice Persian rugs that will look so fabulous in the new place. One of the first things he wants to do is rent a floor sander and work on the living room and dining area floors, which are a light wood (pine, I think) and then get them sealed. He has a couch which, upon further close inspection, just really needs to be cleaned and it will be just fine until we can afford some more living room furniture. Then his old couch can go down into the kitchen/family room area.

Oh yeah, I purged some out-of-date medicine and vitamins from my place today. Also, since I am going back to Michigan for a visit next week, I have purged some old family jewelry to give to my sister, my niece and her daughter that I have been hoarding for a long time. I have SO MUCH jewelry...

See, I am really having so much fun imaging owning this house and together furnishing and decorating it exactly the way we want. Sometimes I get anxious thinking about accumulating stuff again but I just tell myself I do deserve to have beautiful things and a comfortable place to call home at this point in my life.

Your plans for the new house sounds great. It’s so fun to do that type of thing.

Thread Information