Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pimple or cyst in sensitive place!

Pimple or cyst in sensitive place!

Ouch, just ouch. I got through today but then just couldn't sit and drive anymore to do an errand and came home. I soaked in a warm bath and am wearing a dress with no underwear. I have no idea what to do the next few days, and that is of it goes down and heals. I have cotton granny panties i wear on retreats, and then more open clothing??

I figure that the snug clothes with hot weather are part of this. I wear snug shorts and jeans because they are more comfortable and because the walkie i wear does not pull them down. Still not super tight.

Could be a boil. Those need to be drained.

I read that possibility too, eeek,

I was looking for some pain reliever gel that may work until I see if I need the DR. Yeah menthol is NOT going to work. I have a bus ride with kids tomorrow, already bumpy. But at least it is put put golf instead of something sitting.

Go to the doctor and get it lanced!

I had an abscess -- essentially a boil -- on a tonsil a few years ago. During the 24 hours before it finally burst I would have gladly had old Dr. Kevorkian kill me!

Had I known it needed lanced I would have requested it right off the bat.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Girl View Post
    I read that possibility too, eeek,

I was looking for some pain reliever gel that may work until I see if I need the DR. Yeah menthol is NOT going to work. I have a bus ride with kids tomorrow, already bumpy. But at least it is put put golf instead of something sitting.
    This is not going to end well. Go to urgent care now!

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    This is not going to end well. Go to urgent care now!
    I ignored one of these a few years ago, and it turned out to be flesh-eating bacteria, and they removed it. It had grown to about the size of a plum quite rapidly. If I'd waited any longer, I would have been really bad off. Have someone inspect it!

Okay, I did all the nice things like warm heat and a bath and I just hurt. I work at 10 am, I think I am going to call someone tonight and tell them I need to go to the DR first thing tomorrow. Both lancing and bursting sound extremely painful considering the location.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Girl View Post
    Okay, I did all the nice things like warm heat and a bath and I just hurt. I work at 10 am, I think I am going to call someone tonight and tell them I need to go to the DR first thing tomorrow. Both lancing and bursting sound extremely painful considering the location.
    I won't trouble you with the horrors I've seen, but even the most scary locations can be dealt with by someone with a clue without causing you too much grief, other than perhaps embarrassment :-)

But it's less trouble the sooner you get to it!

OMG I am so glad to work with women. I can't even fathom working for the guy I had as a boss last year and calling him.

I just called my sup and she said she got these also. She asked if i had kaiser, told me that the urgent care was still open, and i went. It was a cyst that abcessed. I could feel the cyst for years doing nothing and then it just went wonky. The shot was super painful and the rest was fine (cuz i was numb). It is 10 and i have been up since before 5, and now i feel much better

Thread Information