Thread: Anyone use a cream with Gabapentin it it?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Anyone use a cream with Gabapentin it it?

I've recently gone to a new podiatrist and got new custom orthotics. At first she ordered a cream with just an NSAID in it, (which I never got, since I wanted to see what the inlays would do first), but now that I have more nerve pain in my feet, she's ordered me a topical cream with an NSIAD and Gabapentin in it. I was thinking of getting it (made by a compounding pharmacy), but dang.........it's close to $160 for a tube of it.
    Anyone ever use a cream with Gabapentin in it for nerve pain? Did it help?
    Thanks.

I am using CBD ointment with THC in it. Maybe you won’t need to use a lot and the tube will last a long time.

Funny, I had never heard of gabapentin before the other day, but now my cat is taking it for arthritis, and apparently one of my family members takes it for anxiety. Must be quite the wonder drug!

All my old dogs have taken it for pain.

I'm just wondering about the topical form of it.

My DH takes gabapentin daily for a little bit of neuropathic pain he has in his legs.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Catherine.....just curious......what oral dose does he take daily? I tried to start out on some awhile back and it gave me a couple side-effects I just wasn't ready to deal with. But now I might consider it (orally). My doc starts out everyone on just 100. I think that's a good idea with drugs......start out low and work up, instead of giving them the "usual" starting dose and it causes problems and then the patient gives up. Did it take your DH long to feel some relief?

Quote Originally Posted by CathyA View Post
    Catherine.....just curious......what oral dose does he take daily? I tried to start out on some awhile back and it gave me a couple side-effects I just wasn't ready to deal with. But now I might consider it (orally). My doc starts out everyone on just 100. I think that's a good idea with drugs......start out low and work up, instead of giving them the "usual" starting dose and it causes problems and then the patient gives up. Did it take your DH long to feel some relief?
    Hi, Cathy... I just looked. We just started unpacking and I had to find his prescriptions!! He was prescribed 300mg 3x a day. I think you're right, though, it's best to start low and work up. He has not experienced any negative side effects, so far, and it appears to be benefiting him in more ways than one.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Thanks catherine. I'm thinking I should give it another try. My whole body is buzzing. Thanks!

I take Gabapentin, 300 mg 3 times a day for nerve pain. It has been a lifesaver for me and also calms my anxiety, which was a wonderful unexpected result for me.
    I started with one 300 mg pill at night and I remember feeling like I was drunk the first night I took it. I didn’t think I could continue with it, but I stuck with it because it helped my nerve pain so much. After about 3 days the side effects lessened and I felt fine, although it made me sleepy which was welcomed. I was able to sleep well again, after a year of terribly restless sleep due to the pain.
    I didn’t know there was a cream with Gabapentin in it. The pills are much cheaper!

Thread Information