Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Committed to Activism.....

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    There was a community meeting downtown last night. The Phoenix Police Chief was there, dishing out empty words like "there will be change" but offering nothing concrete. The Mayor was there. Numerous people in the audience spoke of instances of police brutality at the hands of the Phoenix Police. There was a sense of deep, years old anger and hostility, well earned and richly deserved by the Phoenix Police, that will not heal in this lifetime.

This time around I actually have some hope. This time the police went so far that hatred and hostility of them is climbing up the social ladder and that's very heart warming to see.....to see people who live in the fantasy America actually waking up and seeing the police as they truly are, never to see them the same way again. There is so much anger this time around - it is not just going to go away. And the police response does seem a bit like deer in headlights - they really seem stunned that there might be the faintest chance that they may be held accountable. Truly this event has shown what American police are all about, to the entire world. As an activist I'd be lying if I said this didn't please me, you know?

At any rate, protests are coming and I am very much looking forward. Rob
    Last edited by gimmethesimplelife; 6-19-19 at 2:37pm.

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    Truly this event has shown what American police are all about, to the entire world.
    Are all American police like the Phoenix malefactors?

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Are all American police like the Phoenix malefactors?
    Maybe not QUITE as bad, bae, to be fair. That said, with the general trend of police behavior in America, your answer is unfortunately yes. Welcome to the reality of America, at least for lower income people. I'm just glad the world is seeing the truth so that the American way can be rejected by more and more people worldwide. At least some good in some form is coming out of this I guess. Rob

There is a rally/protest scheduled next Tuesday at 2 Pm at Phoenix City Hall.....very much looking forward. I hope to be in some microscopically tiny way a driver of permanent change in the Phoenix Police Department, by helping people to cash in on their evil. It really does look like payback time has arrived and for all the many victims of the Phoenix PD, it's hard not to feel sheer joy. Rob
    Last edited by gimmethesimplelife; 6-20-19 at 2:54pm.

I know you think large settlements are key but I don’t never think that’s true. I am concerning about the loss of life and treating people as sub human because of their color. Entire cultures may need to be changed in some police deaths. Money doesn’t bring someone back.

Phoenix is still a simmering mess waiting for an ignition device to set it ablaze....not literally, what I mean is to usher in more drama - drama of a level heretofore essentially unknown in Phoenix. The Mayor's Office and the Police Chief are wisely keeping a low profile since the chaotic rally held at Phoenix City Hall a couple of days ago. This isn't going to help them iota, really, but at least they are wise enough to know to avoid making any media sound bites that they don't have to. Smart on their part given the givens and given their weakened and vulnerable state. Rob

There is still a lot of anger simmering and stewing in Phoenix. I'm personally grateful as if there is no change, the police will face yet more anger and hostility and defiance from the general population, with an automatic assumption that any police encounter equals a fairly high risk of death for no legal reason. It's called consequences - if the Phoenix PD can't handle this, they can put in their weeks notice collectively and go get jobs at the airport with TSA where they won't be such a threat to society.

One nice thing is that two more large lawsuits against the Phoenix PD have come forward recently (it's like the stars have aligned for litigation against the Phoenix PD given the current weakened and vulnerable position)....one for 12.5 million alleging sexual assault, and another for 6 million due to a Phoenix PD Officer murdering yet another victim. Rob

I have a lot of anger simmering about the most recent cop killing in St. Louis. Wish we could sue the perp but of course he is a low life with no assets. No money there for a remedy. We citizens will have to donate to Backstoppers for money going to his small children and wife.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I have a lot of anger simmering about the most recent cop killing in St. Louis. Wish we could sue the perp but of course he is a low life with no assets. No money there for a remedy. We citizens will have to donate to Backstoppers for money going to his small children and wife.
    We have the same issue here, a few months ago a shithead made a 911 call and then ambushed responding officers, killing a young officer with a 5 year old son. It's taken donations from citizens just to put a marker on his grave.

Maybe Rob will research William Lee Brewer and send a donation?
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Alan, that’s terrible. That kinda useless violence makes me wonder why anyone wants to do that job anymore. We have become such a violent society.

Thread Information