Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Committed to Activism.....

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    Beyond appalling. Vulgar language while they were pointing guns at the women and man, an officer tried to yank her young child away before a bystander took the child so she would not get harmed. Who points guns at children?

Even if they stole more than a doll, it doesn’t justify killing someone. They could easily have been killed if someone twitched the wrong way.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flowerseverywhere View Post
    Beyond appalling. Vulgar language while they were pointing guns at the women and man, an officer tried to yank her young child away before a bystander took the child so she would not get harmed. Who points guns at children?

Even if they stole more than a doll, it doesn’t justify killing someone. They could easily have been killed if someone twitched the wrong way.
    And there you have it, standard everyday behavior on the part of the Phoenix PD. Thankfully this was recorded (see why I say over and over and over again NEVER leave home without a fully charged smartphone? Does that makes sense to some of you now?) and went viral, thereby showing the world the reality of terrorization of Phoenix residents by the Phoenix PD - though I will say such terrorization is mostly limited to neighborhoods such as mine or those similar to my infamous zip code. Welcome to the reality of American policing, folks! Rob

PS Came back to add - Flowerseverywhere - your last sentence is so true. This family could have so easily been murdered, each and every one of them. THANK GOD that someone was there videoing everything.....this saved lives and will be crucial in their huge lawsuit settlement. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by flowerseverywhere View Post

Who points guns at children? The El Paso, TX PD is guilty of this - about a year ago an El Paso LEO pointed his gun at a minor - thankfully it was recorded and went viral. I still feel guilty that I did not attend the protests I was invited to but only did long distance activism against the El Paso, TX PD. Rob

Rob, I just saw the video and it’s beyond horrible. I was shocked. No wonder they have a lawsuit.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Rob, I just saw the video and it’s beyond horrible. I was shocked. No wonder they have a lawsuit.
    This behavior really is not all that unusual for the Phoenix PD in lower income neighborhoods - as I've said, THANK GOD this was captured on video and not only does the city of Phoenix have lots of 'splainin' to do, they need to prep for increased liability insurance premiums and they also need to realize that the public is going to unleash an uproar at ANY raised fee as a way to make up for the increase in liability insurance premiums. I also wonder if residents should start suing for negligent hiring? As Phoenix residents our lives are truly vulnerable to these sociopaths/psychopaths 24/7/365. Negligent hiring lawsuits might be a good way to go - just imagine all the attention and outrage such would garner.......Rob

So the store called the police to inform them of the shoplifters. They went out to their car and ordered them to stop, one occupant got out and was arrested for previous warrants and the others fled. When stopped at their apartment, as usual the perps think that orders from the police are suggestions.

tempers flare and we see part of the story from cell phones. The perps admit to shoplifting, they even take their kids along, might as well show them how it’s done while their young. Evidently one of the kids stole a doll while they were there also, why not the parents are teaching buy example.

Now they and their lawyer are hoping to cash in.

Quote Originally Posted by dmc View Post
    So the store called the police to inform them of the shoplifters. They went out to their car and ordered them to stop, one occupant got out and was arrested for previous warrants and the others fled. When stopped at their apartment, as usual the perps think that orders from the police are suggestions.

tempers flare and we see part of the story from cell phones. The perps admit to shoplifting, they even take their kids along, might as well show them how it’s done while their young. Evidently one of the kids stole a doll while they were there also, why not the parents are teaching buy example.

There are many, myself amongst them and apparently other posters here, who have watched this video and find fault with the police over their behavior shown in this video. YMMV, and that's cool....my point here is that many do not see it this way and most of Phoenix, interestingly enough this one goes UP the social class ladder, too - agrees with me and not you.

But you do get to see things as you wish, I'm not taking that away from you. Rob

About cashing in? I believe that any Phoenix resident who can afford to should consider suing the Phoenix PD for negligent hiring as all Phoenix resident's lives are at risk 24/7/365 from these psychopaths/sociopaths. Watch the video for standard operational procedure of the Phoenix PD in a lower income struggling area........they are literally BEGGING to be cashed in on, why disappoint them and let such an opportunity go to waste? You are a believer in taking advantage of opportunities, no? Here is an opportunity for those who can afford litigation. Rob

Yppej

Rob, is this what happened? From what I read the police were called for different shoplifters, then this family was also mentioned when they arrived on the scene. I read that the man stole underwear, the woman and one child took nothing, and a four year old took a doll. I have known parents who were unaware their child walked out of a store with a toy, and the store realizes this and is not pressing charges for the doll.

I would give the mother the benefit of the doubt. Sounds like she needs to cut the loser guy loose before she and her kids get caught in the crossfire for his bad behavior.

ETA: a great concept for a talk show would be, "Dump Him Girlfriend" in which a hostess reviews cases like this, doles out dumping advice, offers financial assistance for divorce or other costs, and does periodic where are they now updates.

Although the guy totally cooperated the cop still kicked his leg out from underneath him. Totally unnecessary. Even if the whole family shoplifted the response was over the top. People’s lives are valuable. Plus it sounds like only him. Kids when little don’t understand stealing.

Thread Information