Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Committed to Activism.....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar

Committed to Activism.....

We have had another incident of police brutality take place in Phoenix, this one involving an African American family brutally harassed by the evil scum that is the Phoenix PD....at least the officers on video that represent the Phoenix PD. I'm proud to say this family IMMEDIATELY went for the financial jugular with a $10 million USD lawsuit....I am so impressed with their willingness to cash in and to stand up to the evil that is the Phoenix PD.

At any rate, I have committed to activism against this incident and will probably be here only once in awhile for a short period of time. It's so nice too that it's June in Phoenix and it's under 105F every day lately when it could just as easily be 115F......the weather is cooperating for any upcoming protest marches. Wish us luck and the family every penny they are suing for! Rob

PS Cool also that it's my slow season and that I have time to offer this cause these days......

About a year ago at a local protest a guy got mad and drove his truck into a crowd. There is no way I go to any of those.

Did you Mayor Kate Gallego’s tweet? She’s calling them to account for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tammy View Post
    Tammy, no, I wasn't aware of this and will google right now. Kudos to Mayor Gallego!!!!! Rob

I just googled.... nice to see Mayor Gallego showing some human decency and admitting that there is indeed a problem....will be interesting to see how far she goes and how seriously she takes this. Rob

What sort of activism are you contemplating?

Is there a handy summary of the facts of this incident available?

Rob, I just watched the video of this incident and it was horrific. You really do have some beyond crooked cops in Phoenix. I sincerely hope they are fired!

Quote Originally Posted by Yarrow View Post
    Rob, I just watched the video of this incident and it was horrific. You really do have some beyond crooked cops in Phoenix. I sincerely hope they are fired!
    Yarrow, Thank You. Maybe now some of you will understand where I am coming from and why I hold some of the beliefs I hold. Just as a reference point: The neighborhood this happened in? It's not the 85006 but it's a similar neighborhood one zip code over with struggling working class folks - this is how the Phoenix Police treats those who are struggling and is a great example why the 85006 universally HATES the police. I wish it wasn't like this but this is the truth of America today - I'm able to face it head on for what it is. Rob

Kate Gallego is taking us in a good direction in several ways. Let’s see if these libertarians can follow ...

Kate Gallego is taking us in a good direction in several ways. Let’s see if these libertarians can follow ...
    Im glad she got into office.....we can use a Democrat as Mayor and we did get one! Will be interesting to see how far she goes with the Phoenix PD....lip service, an attempt at change, or actual change? Time will tell and these kinds of incidents are only going to keep happening until accountability rears it's long overdue head at the Phoenix PD...….Rob

Thread Information