Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Our three weeks on the border of MX

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Thank you so much for sharing that, it sounds just magical. And tempting.
    what is really interesting is how many people travel singly. I have actually seen more women than men. I have seen everything from someone on a bike with saddlebags, bike pulling a small gear trailer, motorcycle, small car to custom busses. The beauty is you can try for a period of time, and see if you like it. We like about four months out. We have a home watch person and in the middle a neighbor mails our mail to us. We make arrangements with a campground to accept it.

We actually did not replace our dog when he died about ttwelve years ago so we would have this freedom. We have pretty much been traveling a quarter to half a year since we retired over ten years ago mid fifties. We did the car/Hampton inn/ tenting in national parks for a while then went to a RV.

I do know living in a retirement you see people out of the blue, who are apparently healthy suddenly get a bad diagnosis and die shortly after. We try to live life so we don’t ever have to think “I regret I did not do ________. “. I’m hoping we can do this well into our seventies after which we will reassess. It’s all good.

It is interesting that you’re seeing lots of single travelers, many women.

DH and I like seeing new places but I loathe and despise car trips. I would have to plan a route to see things on the way like drive four hours stop and see things, drive four hours stop and see things, drive four hours stop and see things etc.

I am currently in a death count down on my beloved old bulldog who is 9 1/2 years old. There’s no way he’s gonna live to 13 years. So sometime within the next 2 1/2 years he’s going to develop health issues that cause his death. That’s why I’m not planning any trips to Europe because
    I cannt dorsew when that will happen.

after he’s gone we will do foster bulldogs to get our dog fix. ThatWay we can get in some travel,when we dont have dogs.

But another problem is that we are such homebodies that we constantly are tending gardens so it is hard to leave them during the summer, but that is really OK because I would prefer to travel in shoulder seasons anyway, early spring and fall.

Europe is too crowded in the summer. We go either March or November. I have seen pictures in other months and it’s wall to wall people. Our dogs being old and sick never stopped us. I leave instructions and a CC with the sitter and the amount I am willing to spend.

Thread Information