Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Last Wishes

Last Wishes

So I have videotaped myself saying what I want and sent it to my husband, kids, step kids and best friend. I don’t intend to go to a nursing home or be a burden at home. Without my HBP or heart medication I doubt I would live more than 2 weeks. Between my dad and some friends I want to do things differently.

Yppej
    That is helpful for everyone. My parents don't want to discuss things like my mother's increasingly bad memory. I wish they were proactive like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    So I have videotaped myself saying what I want and sent it to my husband, kids, step kids and best friend. I don’t intend to go to a nursing home or be a burden at home. Without my HBP or heart medication I doubt I would live more than 2 weeks. Between my dad and some friends I want to do things differently.
    You are doing the right thing.

My good friend had dementia and was happy until her husband died and she went into a home. My dad had a massive stroke at 59. He lived 14 years at home and was miserable and regularly asked God to take him. Those are my 2 biggest fears and I don’t want anyone to accuse my husband of killing me.

I like the affectionate, tender lyrics in this version of "All Through the Night" sung by Paul Robeson.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HZ9sGYLPyk

Can't find it now but the song I sent to everyone is to put me in a Zip loc bag when I die....

Quote Originally Posted by dado potato View Post
    I like the affectionate, tender lyrics in this version of "All Through the Night" sung by Paul Robeson.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HZ9sGYLPyk
    Dado, thank you so much for introducing me to this wonderful singer. I would love to have seen him acting the part of Othello with his rich voice. Imagine him in the operatic version!
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Terry, I think that is a really really good idea. I have told DH several times if in doubt pull the plug if in doubt pull the plug. I think that he will but it is hard to know.

I could die today and be happy because I have done everything I want to do, major stuff and the weird odd minor stuff.

I’m sitting outside looking at my fairyland garden today. It is a freaking fairyland! I have Bulldogs running around at my feet. Is a beautiful overcast cool cool day in St. Louis.Perfection!

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Terry, I think that is a really really good idea. I have told DH several times if in doubt pull the plug if in doubt pull the plug. I think that he will but it is hard to know.

I could die today and be happy because I have done everything I want to do, major stuff and the weird odd minor stuff.

I’m sitting outside looking at my fairyland garden today. It is a freaking fairyland! I have Bulldogs running around at my feet. Is a beautiful overcast cool cool day in St. Louis.Perfection!
    Oh, Il, sometimes you make me think how much we look at life in a similar way. This post is one of them. I just came in from having a cup of tea in my lounger, admiring the pansies on the picnic table, the columbine around the birdbath along with the peonies, the pots of flowers on my patio steps, all the lush growth of the hostas and lilies coming to bud, birds visiting the birdbath or singing in the trees and a little beagle nudging my hand for attention. Classical music is quietly playing... Life is good.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Damn. I need some good music playing!

Thread Information