Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Any other oyster fanatics on here?

Mid Atlantic coast after 30 years in No CA
    Oh yes, I like oysters prepared in many varied ways, including on the half shell, raw, HOWEVER, my very favorite bivalves are mussels. Give me mussels in a white wine, lemon and garlic broth and some hunks of crusty Italian sourdough to sop up the sauce and I'm a happy camper.
    peaceful, easy feeling

Quote Originally Posted by HappyHiker View Post
    Oh yes, I like oysters prepared in many varied ways, including on the half shell, raw, HOWEVER, my very favorite bivalves are mussels. Give me mussels in a white wine, lemon and garlic broth and some hunks of crusty Italian sourdough to sop up the sauce and I'm a happy camper.
    I like clams, myself. Steamers, littlenecks, cherrystone. I particularly am fussy about fried clams--they have to be belly clams. Hard to find unless you're in New England, but they're the best!!

But I admit, mussels in white wine/lemon/garlic broth is amazing.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I like clams and mussels too.

But oysters are my JAM!!

I went to the oyster bar last night with a frolleague. I slammed a bunch of oysters from British Columbia.

For some reason, mussels are my least favorite shellfish. They just don't have much taste to me, but I don't actually dislike them.
    Catherine, I had no idea belly clams were a New England thing. It would be hard to find any other kind around here!

Thread Information