Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Facial recognition technology - good or not?

So if nothing can be taken at face value, do we not have a new level of plausible deniability available to us? “It wasn’t really me sniffing her hair or cavorting with Kardashians, it was deep fakery.”

And if the technology is that good, can we eliminate the scourge of the insufferable human actor?

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    So if nothing can be taken at face value, do we not have a new level of plausible deniability available to us? “It wasn’t really me sniffing her hair or cavorting with Kardashians, it was deep fakery.”

And if the technology is that good, can we eliminate the scourge of the insufferable human actor?
    I don't believe it to be a "new level of plausible deniability" - any and all levels of deniability (plausible or not) have been and continue to exist and be tried by someone somewhere at some point in time.

For myself, I will probably continue taking some things at face value and investigate into others. I really don't know what the answer is - or if there even is one.
    To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Anon.

Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. - Dalai Lama

Thread Information