Thread: Favorite organic tomato fertilizer?

Favorite organic tomato fertilizer?

Anyone have a favorite? I’ve been growing tomatoes for a long time with only cured compost and maybe some Epsom salt. But since they are in big containers (70 gallons) I think the soil has become deficient in some things. Plus with all this rain I think nutrients have been washed out the drainage holes of the containers. Dr. earth organic looks good. I’ve been looking for things with the OMRI seal on it, which this one does have. Suggestions? I sure miss my chickens’ manure and their bedding.

I've used Dr. Earth Organics and like it---used to use Alaska (fish) fertilizer for tomatoes a lot years ago, but not sure of it's organic or OMRI status.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Gardeners around here swear by Yum Yum plant food. Not sure of the organic status. My mother used to bury banana peels next to tomatoes (potassium?).

Thanks Kay and pinkytoe. I went ahead and ordered some Dr. Earth stuff. I wanted to believe that I could make the soil healthy by myself, but I think I need to add some stuff.....especially in these large containers.
    Thanks again.

Thread Information