Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: gift of an activity, and difficult situation

I think she should have asked first if you could get off work. When I was working I couldn’t take off on days I had clients scheduled. It’s field trip day for you and everyone works. It’s one thing to be too sick to work on those days.

There is more to the story, which seems relevant now that I am more well rested and overall recovered from the week.

On Thursday I went over after work. The plan was for me to work on the curtain project, help her with some small tasks related to recently moving in if she needed, and she had a great plan for cooking dinner. I checked in on my way to see if she needed anything from the store but it was all good. So I got there and something had happened that day, well lots of little things added on pain and a recent move, so she had a drink. She was still cooking, I was sewing, we moved a few things, hung a picture, etc. However 3 hours later the meal was still not cooked. The quiche had just come out of the oven and needed to sit when she looked at me and saw I was done. So she fed me what was handy (we had been snacking) and I went home. My body and mind were pretty off most of Friday because I simply don't manage well without good meals. Anyway the text asking for my address came some time during my drive home. I got home, ate a granola bar, and fell asleep. I didn't want to get upset about the dinner, I have messed up many dinners over the years. She has not cooked in awhile due to many life circumstances and was really excited to make this. My intentions of understanding are one thing, my physical recovery is another.

Today she left me a message asking if I was feeling better from being exhausted yesterday. I am going to definitely try to get it off, but there is a point it is out of my control as well.

Thread Information