Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I realize cruelty is the point

A lot of people believe, without any sarcasm at all, that the point of this environmental despoiling, refugee tormenting, white supremacy approving, wealth redistributing, sword rattling regime is cruelty. Why else would you hire the likes of Stephen Miller and Steve Bannon?

I read that Trump just opined that U.S. wages are too high. I guess the middle class isn't disappearing fast enough to suit him.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    A lot of people believe, without any sarcasm at all, that the point of this environmental despoiling, refugee tormenting, white supremacy approving, wealth redistributing, sword rattling regime is cruelty..
    And we let them get away with that belief because it makes them happy, although it's probably not in our best interests in the long run. I guess benevolence always comes at a cost.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

I guess you could posit incompetence...all those wife beaters and soon-to-be felons just kept getting hired somehow.

But that doesn't explain the daily drumbeat of abuse of the vulnerable. I guess he still wants to execute the Central Park Five, even though they were exonerated. Typical.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    I use sarcasm to ridicule policies and comments I dislike or disagree with.
    i think good satire, a tool of sarcasm, is a valuable teaching tool.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    is that what you voted for at the convention? I favored the proposals for gender identity persecution and promotion of harmful-to-the-earth mining operations.

See, even us Repubs are not one monolithic voting block.
    The liberal wing of the party will never understand that half measures like strip mining will never achieve the universal basic suffering we are aiming for.

AOC has the right idea. Primary the deviationists!

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    The republicans have gotten so weak at creating policy ideas that the best they could do for immigration was kiddie koncentration kamps?
    We thought about offering all kinds of free stuff by soaking the rich, and then throwing indignant tantrums if anyone questions whether there is an adequate supply of the rich to cover it all. But that seemed like too much of a stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    i think good satire, a tool of sarcasm, is a valuable teaching tool.
    I agree. I love good satire. That's why I love political comedy.(SNL, Capitol Steps, Comedy Central).
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    We thought about offering all kinds of free stuff by soaking the rich, and then throwing indignant tantrums if anyone questions whether there is an adequate supply of the rich to cover it all. But that seemed like too much of a stretch.
    I suppose in the republican world where everything is either black or white with no possibility of shades of gray it makes sense that the only choices they saw were either soak the rich to benefit migrant children or lock those kids up and treat them with an absolute lack of humanity. I guess the fiction of compassionate conservatism is now officially dead much the same as fiscally responsible conservatism died a couple of years ago.

Our concentration camps are so good people are climbing walls and crossing rivers to get into them. Or are they just trying to get here in time for all the free stuff to be handed out after the next election?

i hope they know the majority of politicians never keep their campaign promises. Maybe it’s an inside joke.

I bet a lot of the Central American refugees were sold a pack of lies about how many opportunities there would be in the US by the coyotes who led them across miles and charged them for the trip. I guess what I don't get is why Mexico did not detain more of them. Again, corruption and bribery might be the primary reason.

Thread Information