Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I realize cruelty is the point

I realize cruelty is the point

But, geez, when did we become a nation of such monstrously awful people?

https://www.newyorker.com/news/q-and...grant-children

So, on Wednesday, we received reports from children of a lice outbreak in one of the cells where there were about twenty-five children, and what they told us is that six of the children were found to have lice. And so they were given a lice shampoo, and the other children were given two combs and told to share those two combs, two lice combs, and brush their hair with the same combs, which is something you never do with a lice outbreak. And then what happened was one of the combs was lost, and Border Patrol agents got so mad that they took away the children’s blankets and mats. They weren’t allowed to sleep on the beds, and they had to sleep on the floor on Wednesday night as punishment for losing the comb. So you had a whole cell full of kids who had beds and mats at one point, not for everybody but for most of them, who were forced to sleep on the cement.

What's next? Smallpox infected blankets for these kids?

That is so horrible.

Plus now they all have lice. The average person can do all the protesting, etc we want to but the bottom line is we are not capable of stopping a immoral government. People wonder why the average German didn’t stop the holocaust. Granted some people risked life and limb to rescue people. I never thought I would see this happen here.

I am very much struggling with this, as with so many people. I keep looking for more I can do, I never thought I wouldn't know what to do,..

Other than calling and emailing all our representatives I don’t know what else we can do.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    One reason I am afraid of the United States? The criminalization of giving assistance to migrants such as food and water. I will be honest and state right here and now I don't know all the details about this as I am too upset by this to face them just yet. I'll refrain from my standard what kind of country is this until I know more but criminalizing handing water to migrants? How does one forgive America for this? I find myself unable to do so. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    But, geez, when did we become a nation of such monstrously awful people?
    To be fair, it is mostly just Republicans that are the monstrously awful people.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    To be fair, it is mostly just Republicans that are the monstrously awful people.
    That’s true. In last year’s convocation at the Palace of Malice we decided immigration policy should take priority over climate change or online dating as a misery maximizing strategy.

All hail the Dark Lord Cheney!

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Plus now they all have lice. The average person can do all the protesting, etc we want to but the bottom line is we are not capable of stopping a immoral government. People wonder why the average German didn’t stop the holocaust. Granted some people risked life and limb to rescue people. I never thought I would see this happen here.
    I've commented on this--The average German probably was as horrified as we are. I am absolutely sickened by what we have so swiftly become. And as long as Trump and McConnell are in power, we are powerless. Maybe we should emulate the citizens of Hong Kong.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    That’s true. In last year’s convocation at the Palace of Malice we decided immigration policy should take priority over climate change or online dating as a misery maximizing strategy.
    The republicans have gotten so weak at creating policy ideas that the best they could do for immigration was kiddie koncentration kamps?

Thread Information