Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: I realize cruelty is the point

Yppej
    The coyotes did tell them lies to get them to emigrate. They decided to leave Central America and in many cases travelled a thousand miles before they met a Mexican coyote.

Quote Originally Posted by dmc View Post
    Our concentration camps are so good people are climbing walls and crossing rivers to get into them..
    Sure, so they had this fantasy of "The American Dream" in their head when they started their journey, and then the rude awakening was when they were torn from their children and their children were abused in ways that most good people wouldn't abuse animals. I guess that's a "good" concentration camp. I'm sure that's what they expected when they crossed the border. Losing their children and having their children abused was exactly why they crossed the border.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

As always there are a few people that were not only born without a empathy gene but think mistreating children is fine. Blame poor desperate starving parents for trying to feed their kids and have a better life. Europeans came legally and illegally for the same reason many years ago. Most of us are descendants of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    As always there are a few people that were not only born without a empathy gene but think mistreating children is fine. Blame poor desperate starving parents for trying to feed their kids and have a better life. Europeans came legally and illegally for the same reason many years ago. Most of us are descendants of them.
    +1. "There but for the grace of God go I."
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I guess you could posit incompetence...all those wife beaters and soon-to-be felons just kept getting hired somehow.
    I am a liberal, but you lost me here. What?!

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    The liberal wing of the party will never understand that half measures like strip mining will never achieve the universal basic suffering we are aiming for.

AOC has the right idea. Primary the deviationists!
    LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    I am a liberal, but you lost me here. What?!
    Jane is pointing out that among people hired, or at least selected for, high level positions in the trump administration a significantly higher portion of them have issues of domestic violence or have been indicted/convicted of felonies since accepting their positions, as compared to the general population of the country.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    We thought about offering all kinds of free stuff by soaking the rich, and then throwing indignant tantrums if anyone questions whether there is an adequate supply of the rich to cover it all. But that seemed like too much of a stretch.
    Apparently torturing small children is more expensive than treating them humanely. Like I said at the beginning, cruelty is entirely the point of this. Apparently trump and his supporters think kids with brown skin from other countries don't have heartbeats.

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/im...EyO_dFqG6RpV5I

Kishi Bashi, violinist, singer/songwriter... I was listening & watching videos on YouTube related to his album "Omoiyari"...
    Kishi Bashi observed that today humanity is locked in a struggle "between cruelty and compassion".

I find myself humming at the end of day a wobbly song, originally written by a French transportation worker, en route to a new life in England after the bloody week in May 1871 that crushed the Paris Commune.
    ...'Tis the final conflict,
    Let each stand in his place...

My mom’s grandfather came illegally from Germany. He was in the German army in winter with no boots. He was freezing and starving. He had a twin brother with a wife and baby and they all had passports. His brother told him to travel with his family and mail the passport back once he was here.

Thread Information