Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: I realize cruelty is the point

The only thing I can think to do is call them on it. But the problem is that they are not engaged in dialog, but monologue. If you don't agree with them, the conversation ends. It’s the only way they can justify their bullying and inhumanity. Very like the beginning of hitler and co.

I think the only really effective thing we can do is to vote with our wallets, Don't go to their hotels, restaurants, etc. and tell them so. Also laugh at them when appropriate. Mel Brooks and others have pointed out how effective that can be...

But they're scared and greedy, both powerful motivators.
    Last edited by NewGig; 7-5-19 at 7:27am. Reason: typos

I see that the progressive wing of the Democratic party are against legislation to increase funding to improve conditions at the border camps, and the party's new leader, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez has expressed solidarity with the workers of a furniture company who are walking out rather than produce beds for the kids.

Oh, sorry to be off topic, let me fix that. ......Damn Republicans!
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Border patrol is refusing donations of diapers, soap, toothpaste, etc. Money isn’t the issue.

We're already spending $775/night per kid. How much more money do we need to spend? I stayed at a very nice hotel in Chicago last week for 1/3 of that cost.

And I'm also curious what well placed republican donors are getting rich soaking the taxpayers for this?

I wish I believed in hell so I'd know where to consign these miserable excuses for human beings. I devoutly wish they get exactly what they deserve. Sooner, rather than later.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    We're already spending $775/night per kid. How much more money do we need to spend? I stayed at a very nice hotel in Chicago last week for 1/3 of that cost.

And I'm also curious what well placed republican donors are getting rich soaking the taxpayers for this?
    Whoah.....say what? How on earth does the "care" they are getting total USD $775/night????? That total is enough to have a basic but decent life in Phohm Pehn (sp?) for a month! Rob

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    Whoah.....say what? How on earth does the "care" they are getting total USD $775/night????? That total is enough to have a basic but decent life in Phohm Pehn (sp?) for a month! Rob
    I've seen that figure, too. Someone suggested they house them in one of Trump's hotels. I don't know how accurate that figure is, but I suspect there's a lot of grifting going on.

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    So what is the solution to this crisis?
    more than $775 per detained child?
    is it OK to have the older children caring for the little ones?
    is it OK for children to sleep on concrete or dirt floors?
    from my years working in mental health I can attest that giving some people even a little unrestrained power can bring out extremely cruel behavior. It sounds like these detention centers are ripe for atrocious abuse to CHILDREN. You know all those babies the Republicans around the country are claiming to save? Well these are real live babies with heartbeats.

And anyone know how Ann Frank died? She died of Typhus in an overcrowded concentration camp. Poor hygiene and overcrowding makes these camps a breeding ground for a major epidemic.

But the biggest questions I have is why is this crisis so much bigger with Trump administration?
    if this was such a priority why was not immigration the top priority when the Republicans had control of the house and senate?
    I thought Mexico was going to pay for a big beautiful wall.

A few more questions related to the current state of affairs

isn’t Anyone concerned that our deficit is soaring under the current administration? That every time a tariff is imposed the American consumers are paying more at the store?
    That no Republican has come forth with a comprehensive health care plan that Trump promised would be cheaper, cover more things for more people?

Quote Originally Posted by flowerseverywhere View Post
    extremely cruel behavior. It sounds like these detention centers are ripe for atrocious abuse to CHILDREN.
    Yes, I agree. At first I could not believe the United States Government was doing this. But now? It is beginning to look like a fact.

As a nation, as a people, we could do so much better.

But sadly, I think a majority of people in America -- mostly in "the real America" -- think: "Good, let these kids suffer. It will deter other parents from bringing their kids here."

Thread Information