Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Solstice to Lammas!

Solstice to Lammas!

I found the last thread really motivating, so I was hoping to continue the momentum through 8/1/19. I would like to complete or make substantial progress on the following:
    • Strip cupboard (biggest, most daunting task, and would definitely be pleased with substantial progress)
    • Stain chairs
    • Paint stepstools (easiest item, and I should have these done within the next week)
    • Spray poison ivy ( I bought spray last summer that is supposed to be environmentally responsible, but strong enough to kill PI. Sounds too good to be true, but for some reason, I haven't managed to mix it up and spray. We don't have a big PI problem, but I would like to keep it that way).
    • Wash windows and screens
    • Prune dogwood
    • Lay fieldstones around new arbor
    • Bring mom's defunct TV and our misc scrap metal to the town recycling yard

I would be delighted if anyone else wishes to join in and we can cheer each other on!

Yppej
    Get back on budget now that roof and car repairs and vacation are behind me.

Find a new hairdresser I like since the place I have been going is closing and my favorite stylist there is transferring out of the region.

Succeed in my new job after my trainer retires this Friday. There is another very experienced person to help me but when she goes on vacation I will be tested.

Get back to the keto diet and lose some weight.

Continue to educate myself about presidential candidates, starting with watching the first round of debates.

Keep up with weeding the yard, which involves getting up and outdoors early on weekends before it is too hot.

Help my BFF celebrate her birthday.

Thanks for starting this!

I’m going to give myself an extra week and go to the astronomical quarter or “old Lammas”.

july is busy for me. I’m about to spend a week visiting family. My goals for that are to spend time with family and take along a small bag of materials so that I can start my lesson plans for next year while I am at dh parents’/riding in the car.

i also need to turn in my fair entry forms (online) by the 5th.
    I start a new pottery class on the 8th.
    fair is the week of the 15th, which is my true annual vacation

and I have been working on cleaning up and clearing out the hoard in my basement.

so, those are the focus areas for this stretch:

Family
    Teaching prep
    fair
    pottery
    basement

Yppej
    Car repairs weren't quite behind me. I ended up getting new tires.

My old hairdresser referred me to a new one.

I do not feel I am succeeding at the new job. $100 was missing from the cash drawer. It is a very poor setup. There is a single drawer that three people were working Friday. I didn't ask, but there doesn't appear to be any video surveillance. In addition keys to it hang within sight of customers and other employees, including when no one is on the room, but the assumption was made that I being the least experienced person working it must have made an error counting a payment and that I need to be more careful. My trainer told me she has also been off in the past. The GM covered it with $100 of his own money. Now I am worried if this happens again will I be disciplined. The drawer was also off $10 earlier in the week, covered by the under/over fund per the trainer. I did notice the trainer paid the wrong amount for something she purchased for herself which I caught and instead of going to her purse and getting more money she just grabbed some from the under/over fund. So I have my own opinion as to who is lax, but I was not going to accuse her. It was her last day though she will be coming back as a substitute when people are on vacation. And she and the office manager who also works the drawer were intense in their farewells, saying they love each other so much, crying, etc. So I remain uneasy.

I have lost about half the weight I want to.

Last night I heard Bernie Sanders speak.

Rain as well as heat have limited my yardwork.

The birthday is several weeks away.

So far, I have:
    painted the step stools
    finished washing the screens
    sprayed the poison ivy (expect repeat applications will be needed)

Yppej, that must be very stressful - to have responsibility without control. Very bad set up.

Good job Rosa!

yesterday was my first day home in July. I pulled some weeds even though yard/garden is not supposed to be a focus.

i also started my pottery class and got a lot done.

i am trying to go with two things a day. Today those things are judge 4h projects and swim. Exercise was not on my list either, but it needs to be. Exercise and a general outside category just to try to keep up.

Yppej: That does sound like a totally sucky situation with the cash drawer dynamics. I was very much hoping that this job would be a happier experience for you. Hopefully this was just a one-off unpleasant blip.
    CL: I hope you enjoyed your visit with your family!

Yppej
    No more incidents at work. They are starting to teach me more new things, so I know they want to keep me.

I heard Tulsi Gabbard speak and got to shake her hand.

My weeding was sidetracked by cutting down a big forsythia bush after litterbugs used its blocking the line of vision from the house to throw trash in my yard. We found credit card and other receipts in it, but the police are too lazy to investigate.

Got the birthday gift, now need to arrange a get-together.

I have not lost any weight. It was so hot I got Friendly's cotton candy ice cream and when DS did not want any ate the whole half gallon myself, among other things.

How do the rest of you stay so productive in the heat?

A/c. Glad work is going better.

That is a relief, jeppy.good.

Thread Information