Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Solstice to Lammas!

I finished the windows today!

Yppej
    What a productive retirement RR.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    What a productive retirement RR.
    That is very kind of you, but I don't feel nearly as productive as I would have expected. You are very productive even though you are still working!
    Helping my mother and dog walking definitely slow down my progress on projects, but I keep reminding myself that there are more important things in life than completing projects in accordance with some arbitrary, self-imposed deadline. This thread helps me see that I do at least accomplish some things!

Rosa and Yppej, the weeds will be with you always.

TT, I hope your motorhome sells quickly.

my barn is looking better.
    My youngest is coming for the weekend tonight and her sister is coming over tomorrow.
    i went to my classroom yesterday and threw it into total disarray starting to organize for next year. I am hoping the cleaning crew will wash my counter, so I moved everything off of it onto tables and started grouping the materials by project type.
    my home studio has a dent of progress, and today i’m going to focus in clay work.

CL: glad you will get some time with your kids. I hadn’t seen my oldest in 2 weeks and finally got together last week. This week we will go out with him and DIL for happy hour food and drinks. My youngest is in Vietnam and I haven’t seen him in a year. We talk frequently. I really miss him. I am used to jumping on a plane for a short trip to visit.

Yppej
    I did a little weeding despite the heat. Over the past week I lost 3 pounds.

Over the course of my last week at work, I went through my personal library and took in all my leadership material. A nice library in my office for my newer to leadership boss and the interim manager. i also took in all my journals for the last 3 years. If I stacked all this up, it would be about 2 feet of reading material.

Friday I cleared my personal stuff from my office.

Since coming home Friday I've done many 10 minute spurts of review and clearing. A stack of articles, journals, workshop notes about 15 inches high has been reviewed and submitted to the recycle bin.

My briefcase has been cleaned out and it's in the closet. I'll use it when I travel with my laptop. It's a good bag. My lunchbag is tucked away.

I've amused myself knitting dishrags. I think I'm on #4 for the weekend. 3rd load of laundry is in the washer now.

Quote Originally Posted by Gardnr View Post
    Over the course of my last week at work, I went through my personal library and took in all my leadership material. A nice library in my office for my newer to leadership boss and the interim manager. i also took in all my journals for the last 3 years. If I stacked all this up, it would be about 2 feet of reading material.

Friday I cleared my personal stuff from my office.

Since coming home Friday I've done many 10 minute spurts of review and clearing. A stack of articles, journals, workshop notes about 15 inches high has been reviewed and submitted to the recycle bin.

My briefcase has been cleaned out and it's in the closet. I'll use it when I travel with my laptop. It's a good bag. My lunchbag is tucked away.

I've amused myself knitting dishrags. I think I'm on #4 for the weekend. 3rd load of laundry is in the washer now.
    oh right, Friday was your last day! Congrats!!!

Congratulations, Gardnr!
    CL and TT: Glad you both got some time with your kids.
    Yppej: We made some gardening headway Saturday, but Sunday was just too hot. Dogwood and halesias were pruned. I started clearing out a small garden bed in front of the house. It's a real focal point that warrants a better selection of plant material. I tend to plant things I like in whatever spots are available. I pulled out a lot of plants that were just wrong for the spot in addition to weeds. I want to proceed with greater care as I add new plants. This little project was not on my list, but it suddenly became important to me; shifting priorities.

Thread Information