Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Solstice to Lammas!

Yppej
    I am doing better with the budget.

Work is okay. My de facto supervisor has zero tolerance for errors, but I make few and mostly it is other people irritating her. She is going to take a day off but have the retiree come in I feel basically to babysit me, the same retiree on whose last day the cash drawer was off $100.00. It has balanced since she left. My manager knows that DeFacto makes mountains out of molehills and I am not concerned, just annoyed. He is very easygoing.

I am a little better at my diet, but free food at work is a carb heavy downfall.

Due to the continued heat I am on behind on weeding but did get in an hour this morning.

BFF has blown me off all summer with stupid excuses so I told her I had a gift I am sending her and what is the best address. That will be going out Monday. Then she acted all hurt that we are not doing something. I reminded her of the times I have tried. Once she actually said, "I have to clean my fridge." Time to make some new friends.

Yesterday July 13th gardening was a no go
    Very hot and humid till about 3:00, then heavy rain and thunderstorm,
    and then out came the mosquitoes. Hoping for better today.
    --did get out long enough to wash down front door and side windows and
    shine then up. I am close to a busy street so it won't last long front
    entrance looks better like I have a little pride in home.
    --sewed 3 more napkins.
    --Posted a small table ironing board and Wooden Tailors press on Kijiji
    (Can't remember when I used either last)
    --made up a large pot of chicken vegetable soup for freezer stuff,
    using up and good for the weight loss too.

Was at my first Physio Therapy appt Fri. mostly for
    knees but, back too and his point is I should be adapting and motivating my activities if
    I want to keep doing them. Of course strengthening muscles for more support of
    joints. So what I am trying here of doing different things in short spurts is a very good plan
    for keeping active.

How did everyone do last week?

it was fair week here, and I met all of my fair goals and responsibilities while also having a good time. All that is left from my “fair” focus is to finish cleaning things up and putting them away.

I have done a little with my pottery, but I am still spending most of my studio time cleaning out. I decided to shift my focus from the basement to the studio for the rest of the summer, because I think I can actually “finish” the studio, and the basement had reached the “ten percent of the work takes ninety percent of the time” level - although there is more than 10% left....

i am behind in my pottery class, but only by a week.

spent time with family and good friends this week. Dd had me over for dinner last night. (Her dh is off on vacation with some friends)

Teaching prep is going to need to float to the top very soon, but we actually have nice weather today, so I need to spend it cleaning stalls and working in the barn and yard.

Yppej
    I managed to get together with BFF. It was a good day.

My de facto supervisor took two days off and did not call in the babysitter retiree.

Some of the weeds, mainly crabgrass, grew so entrenched I dug them up with a shovel tonight. I still have more weeding to do but it is easier.

My weight is stuck so I am now counting calories instead of just assuming I can eat whatever keto foods I want like a whole can of nuts at one sitting.

Sometimes it's important to be able to shift priorities.
    I sprayed the PI, but that stays on the list because it isn't eradicated and won't be for awhile. Tackling it was the important thing!
    I have most of the windows washed, only 6 left of 28 to do. This was a bigger project than usual because I also needed to scrape them from the painting that was done recently.
    I haven't touched any of my other list items.
    I have pulled a few weeds, but they are getting ahead of me.

My husband has finally agreed to sell the motor home so will get it cleaned out and listed in the next few days. Perfect time of year to sell. It’s cheaper to take the car and stay in motels which is more comfortable.

Yppej
    I weeded for 3 hours and made a lot of progress, but I ran out of daylight before I ran out of weeds.
    Last edited by Yppej; 7-24-19 at 9:06pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    My husband has finally agreed to sell the motor home so will get it cleaned out and listed in the next few days. Perfect time of year to sell. It’s cheaper to take the car and stay in motels which is more comfortable.
    Thank you for going thru that exercise, saves me doing it! I have a small, occasional yen for the motor home but I know it would last about 1.5 trips.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Thank you for going thru that exercise, saves me doing it! I have a small, occasional yen for the motor home but I know it would last about 1.5 trips.
    But you might be surprised to learn that you really enjoy it. We're spending next week on our inaugural trip in the new RV sitting on the shores of Lake Michigan.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Thankfully it wasn’t a expensive mistake as we only paid 14k 12 years ago. Fixing things in it aren’t cheap and many things in it are plastic and breaking. RV sites have gotten ridiculous right along with gas.

Thread Information