Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I confess....

Quote Originally Posted by pinkytoe View Post
    I am in western Colorado now eating loads of just picked cherries - naked - the cherries that is.
    LOL..
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Funny cherry story. We had a tree in our backyard and my grandma and mom always picked them and then took them into the house to rinse them. This time everyone but me ate them off the tree with no rinsing. Starting to get full someone broke one open and it had a worm. Kept breaking them open and they all were full of worms. Guess who all needed treatment except me the youngest who only eats green grapes and oranges)

Red grapes - oblong a bit crisp. Heavenly. Deep red cherries. I was sharing with a friend my favorite sandwich -
    and she said - Eww that sounds gross. While that kinda took the wind out of my sails, I still love them. Perfectly toasted Dave's Killer Bread (green label), yellow mustard, thick sliced tomatoes, sliced avocado, sliced cucumber and lettuce - my version of a veggie club.

But given the fact I often miss the 3.5 hour window the avocado is perfectly ripe - I have them only on a limited basis. *sigh*.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg44 View Post
    Red grapes - oblong a bit crisp. Heavenly. Deep red cherries. I was sharing with a friend my favorite sandwich -
    and she said - Eww that sounds gross. While that kinda took the wind out of my sails, I still love them. Perfectly toasted Dave's Killer Bread (green label), yellow mustard, thick sliced tomatoes, sliced avocado, sliced cucumber and lettuce - my version of a veggie club.

But given the fact I often miss the 3.5 hour window the avocado is perfectly ripe - I have them only on a limited basis. *sigh*.
    That sounds pretty good to me--I'd probably swap the mustard for mayo. (Your friend could use some manners.)

My favorite summer sandwich would involve jack cheese, sliced Walla Walla sweet onions, and avocado with mayo on rye or multi-grain toast.

I have the same challenge with avocados! They go from rock hard to black mush as soon as I want to use them!

Love that sandwich, Greg.

My current food crush is Rainier cherries.

Thread Information