Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I confess....

I confess....

I confess that I love strawberries and cream and ate a huge bowl of fresh berries sprinkled with stevia and slathered with huge mounds of whipped cream. It is soooo good! I am usually very responsible in my eating but strawberries and cream break down all inhibitions.
    What special indulgences do you have?

IMG_0996.jpg
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Indulgence or weakness?

Chocolate chip cookies. My workplace is a minefield. If I can get through the day without grabbing one, I congratulate myself. Most days, I end up loathing my weakness. Lately, it's been a binge. I'm really struggling to curtail it.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

That is a lovely bowl of berries!

I used to love the blueberries and heavy cream my great-aunt made for dessert. We would sprinkle with sugar (not Stevia), and I loved it.

My guilty pleasures change--my latest, before I left NJ, was Rita's gelatis (Italian ice + custard). I bought one every night before we left for Vermont--I was so sad to leave Rita's behind.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Hood strawberries from Oregon are my weakness. Here for a short time and put all others to shame with their intense flavor and sweetness. No sugar needed.

@razz

Have you ever tasted pilfered pears from the Bruce Peninsula? (I admit to succumbing to temptation in an abandoned orchard near Wiarton about 40 years ago... still the best pears I ever ate.)

ooooh... strawberries and real whipped cream. Must do that soon... picking strawberries from the garden now, a month late due to crazy weather!

It is purely a matter of personal taste, but I like my berries naked. They taste perfect to me as is and anything on them is "gilding the lily" in my book.
    I eat quite a few Outshine Bars in the summer. That is kind of a guilty pleasure because they contain a lot of sugar.
    Last edited by rosarugosa; 6-28-19 at 5:36am.

I certainly don't consider berries a guilty pleasure. I'm thinking of hot fudge sundae or coconut cake or a glass of wine (or all three at once). I wouldn't confess about loving berries and cream--I'd proclaim it! It's good for you!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by dado potato View Post
    @razz

Have you ever tasted pilfered pears from the Bruce Peninsula? (I admit to succumbing to temptation in an abandoned orchard near Wiarton about 40 years ago... still the best pears I ever ate.)
    The old varieties of fruit were so good. I remember having a kind of apple that seemed to turn into applesauce almost as soon as they were ripe but they were good. Don't remember any pears though.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Thread Information