Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Cool campers and tricked out trailers!

Catherine, I was enamored with the Happier Camper until we took a drive to their Bay Area location to see one. After a year of looking at photos and watching their videos, we were disappointed in the real life camper. We ended up with an used 2017 15 ft Parkliner and absolutely love it. We are camping in it right now in Idaho. It is plenty big enough for the two of us, and we have taken our grandson with us as well and it works great.

Catherine, they work well as guest bedrooms. We live in a older neighborhood where it’s legal to park it in your driveway if you have room. We had a few people initially ask when we were putting it in storage because it can be hard to see around. We said never but after 7 years they have gotten over it.

I'm still investigating the thought of the small teardrop-style mini-trailer/campers.

The pluses in my mind are:

- small and easy to tow, park, and maneuver
    - fewer complex/expensive onboard systems to maintain (I already have too many boats, things break, and it is always a PITA).
    - cute
    - hopefully easier to use when you just want to pull over for a night's sleep somewhere, without a lot of fuss

These things aren't much more than a virtual-campsite-on-wheels.

I drive by a Tear Drop dealership and go Hmmm? Then I think about where to store it, how often I might use it, what maintenance will it require and do I want to leave home in camping season anyway? I usually talked myself out of it each spring and it is getting easier to walk away without further thought.
    I like being home and if I travel now, I want to be catered to with a comfortable bed, no driving worries and no responsibilities beyond choosing the right travel experience. Never ever thought that time would come as I have camped for years and loved it!
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

We laid down in a tear drop and it’s like being in a coffin)

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    We laid down in a tear drop and it’s like being in a coffin)
    Exactly! I think it'd be a great place to get out of the sun and take a nap, safe until it is time to walk the night again in search of dinner....

I wanted one years ago and my husband insisted we lay down in one. I am slightly claustrophobic so that was the end.

A friend has a 13' foot Scamp and really likes it. Videos are on the Scamp website.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Exactly! I think it'd be a great place to get out of the sun and take a nap, safe until it is time to walk the night again in search of dinner....

I am really enjoying this thread!

Thread Information