Thread: sewing for grandbaby

sewing for grandbaby

My grandbaby is super small, like bottom of the chart. I know it is hard to find things like pants for her. Her middle fits an 18 month best but based on her height she is a 3T. (19 inch waist and 35 inches tall). I got an urge to go to the fabric store, my machine has only been away 5 days, and I found the cutest pattern and fabric. I called her mom and asked her favorite colors. The first answer was black, and then purple. I got a cherry pattern on a black background and a unicorn pattern on purple, and then solid colors for the shorts. Shorts are super easy, it will be in fall when she is long pants that I think she will really need some pants. I found a tutorial on how to make pants into cargo pants or at least add pockets to children's basic pants.

I will of course post pictures at some point,

Those are interesting colours for a 3 year old to choose. Should be fun making those clothes! Enjoy
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    Those are interesting colours for a 3 year old to choose. Should be fun making those clothes! Enjoy
    No kidding! and a lot of her clothes are pink and pastels. But I guess this runs in the family (those are my favorite colors)

One of the prettiest child's dresses I have seen was done in a black silk-like fabric with a delicate white collar. I would guess the child was under one.

cherry outfit.jpgpurple outfit.jpgHere are the 2 outfits. The purple unicorn top has an interesting back that criss-crosses. The short are pretty basic, and still seem huge!

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Girl View Post
    cherry outfit.jpgpurple outfit.jpgHere are the 2 outfits. The purple unicorn top has an interesting back that criss-crosses. The short are pretty basic, and still seem huge!
    That black cherry outfit is to die for cute.

Cute outfits!

Very neat--I bet they'll soon become her favorites.

They are cute and different. She will be so proud wearing her new clothes.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Thread Information