Thread: sewing for grandbaby

sewing for grandbaby

My grandbaby is super small, like bottom of the chart. I know it is hard to find things like pants for her. Her middle fits an 18 month best but based on her height she is a 3T. (19 inch waist and 35 inches tall). I got an urge to go to the fabric store, my machine has only been away 5 days, and I found the cutest pattern and fabric. I called her mom and asked her favorite colors. The first answer was black, and then purple. I got a cherry pattern on a black background and a unicorn pattern on purple, and then solid colors for the shorts. Shorts are super easy, it will be in fall when she is long pants that I think she will really need some pants. I found a tutorial on how to make pants into cargo pants or at least add pockets to children's basic pants.

I will of course post pictures at some point,

Those are interesting colours for a 3 year old to choose. Should be fun making those clothes! Enjoy
    Gandhi: Happiness is when what you think, what you say and what you do are in harmony .

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    Those are interesting colours for a 3 year old to choose. Should be fun making those clothes! Enjoy
    No kidding! and a lot of her clothes are pink and pastels. But I guess this runs in the family (those are my favorite colors)

One of the prettiest child's dresses I have seen was done in a black silk-like fabric with a delicate white collar. I would guess the child was under one.

cherry outfit.jpgpurple outfit.jpgHere are the 2 outfits. The purple unicorn top has an interesting back that criss-crosses. The short are pretty basic, and still seem huge!

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Girl View Post
    cherry outfit.jpgpurple outfit.jpgHere are the 2 outfits. The purple unicorn top has an interesting back that criss-crosses. The short are pretty basic, and still seem huge!
    That black cherry outfit is to die for cute.

Cute outfits!

Very neat--I bet they'll soon become her favorites.

They are cute and different. She will be so proud wearing her new clothes.
    Gandhi: Happiness is when what you think, what you say and what you do are in harmony .

Thread Information