Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Are anniversaries of events real

Quote Originally Posted by Simplemind View Post
    Often when you are going through a life changing stressful time you knuckle through it and do what you have to do. It is only with some distance and time that you can look back and let the delayed emotion of it catch up to you. It catches you by surprise because you think you had all your "feels" at the time but actually you were too busy moving mountains and suppressed them. What you are feeling now is a normal reaction to the extraordinary life event you went through. You are stronger than you know or give yourself credit for. I admire the hell out of you!
    Very nicely said and I totally agree.

Good for you, Zoe Girl!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Yes I get that - but when I say “culture” I’m including things like:

1. how to talk with a coworker so you are not provoking conflict - being accountable with your interpersonal communication

2. how to not take it personally when a mentally ill patient calls you a f#^king c{=t

3. how to be solution focused instead of concrete In your Interpretation of policy when the guardian of a special needs adult asks for an adjustment in how we approach the patient in order to find success in treatment

I usually expect professionals to understand this type of thing but some of them need guidance from their manager.

Which I guess illustrates Ultralite’s observation that some of those choosing the helping fields of work struggle with professionalism. I think it has to do with lack of boundaries around their own problems in these areas. But the percentages of the problem people are higher in education than in practice, as there is a minimum level of functioning needed to hold a job. Some of them in school for the degree can be pretty non functioning and still stay in school.

In other words - I’m summing up emotional intelligence, which a lot of highly educated people do not have.

There are incompetent people in every profession.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    There are incompetent people in every profession.
    Totally agree.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Thread Information