Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sneak Peak!

Sneak Peak!

Here are some photos I took the other day when we laid down the rugs and moved some of the furniture in. It's still a work in progress, as we haven't hung any of the art and there is still some painting to do on one of the walls.A.jpgB.jpgB.jpgC.jpg Oooops, I don't know why that one uploaded twice!

Spacious and rustic and homey. Can't beat that!

Beautiful!

Homey and cozy! I'm intrigued....is that a greenhouse outside the 4th photo? And what about the little window in the first photo---does that go to the outside or another room? Sorry, nosey.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Looks great - thanks for sharing!

I love it!!

Yppej
    I love Southwestern style. Nice!

It's stunning! Ditto on the greenhouse/solarium??

Looks cozy and inviting. thanks for sharing
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Thanks everyone! I am slowly moving my stuff in, a couple of boxes each day. It's actually amazing how much stuff I had crammed into the tiny house after three years!

Yes, that is a passive solar green house off of the living room. In the winter we will leave all the curtains open to gather up all that sun, then in the evening we'll throw open the sliding glass door and windows and let all that hot air rush in. Right now it is unbearably hot in there! It definitely needs a lot of TLC and clean-up in there - I am envisioning a cozy sun room with space for a chair. I also want to grow greens and herbs in there but like I said, it needs a ton of cleanup. Something to do in the winter months, at any rate.

The other window in the dining room where the air conditioner is looks out to the east. The whole house is on three levels, with about five rustic wooden steps separating each level.

I can't believe how much we have accomplished since August 8th. We've taken it from a filthy pit to something that is actually livable. We are still working on some of the basics; after a rainstorm yesterday the roof still leaks in two places (our guy is going to look at it again tomorrow). We had an electrician out to fix a few issues, but now we can plug in out new washer/dryer combo when they deliver it tomorrow. The shower doesn't have enough water pressure, so I am having my local handyman come out tomorrow to blast out the water lines with his air compressor. Hopefully it will fix that issue.

The kitchen is really coming along - as soon as I get the rest of the kitchen cart put together I will post photos of that. I finally cooked a real meal last night and we ate at our new dining table. I feel very grown up again!

Lastly, it is REALLY nice to leave work and GO HOME to a spacious someplace else!

Thread Information