Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Exciting News!

We are officially under contract and in escrow! If all goes as planned, we get the keys on Aug. 1st!

Wonderful and exciting! Keep us posted.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Quote Originally Posted by SiouzQ. View Post
    We are officially under contract and in escrow! If all goes as planned, we get the keys on Aug. 1st!
    So happy for you living your dreams!

Great news!

@NewGig: Thanks for the tip! I checked and the local Habitat For Humanity has a tool lending library! I'm sure I will be perusing that place every week for usable things. We need some sort of kitchen cabinet to put in next to the stove and definitely need different counter tops. The kitchen rehab is going to be my domain. I designed the kitchen for the owners where I live now and I love the look of it so I'll take that knowledge along with me to the new place, which is about four times as big. I can't wait to have room to really do some cooking!

You’re welcome. Congrats!

I heard this is not uncommon in the house buying process, but the finance lady came back to K. with some grossly inflated numbers yesterday (compared to what she was saying before) regarding closing costs, down payment and the projected monthly mortgage. He is a bit pissed off and feeling like we are being jerked around a bit all of the sudden, so he will have a face-to-face meeting with her after work. Luckily K. is very good and experienced at bargaining and if he doesn't get what he wants, we are willing to walk away and find a new broker who will work with us or just scrap the whole idea of buying the house. I could live with walking away from it as I have learned not to get get too emotionally involved with it. It is such a sh** ton of a money and commitment and it has to feel right to do it!

Wish us luck - I have decided my monthly share of the mortgage and utilities can go up to about $700, but then there is my share of the food. I can put about $6,000 into the down payment. K. makes about 3x what I make but he really doesn't have the savings to show for it but he does have some savings.

Or we could just walk away from it and I can live in my tiny home rent-free for the next two years (though the tiny space and lack of privacy, especially during the tourist season, starts to grate a little on my nerves).

Eeegads, this is a little nerve-wracking after all!

You are in a good position if you can buy or walk away. Hang tough!
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

The old mortgage bait and switch--I've been through that; it's probably standard operating procedure. I imagine it will all turn out for the best. Good luck.

Thankfully you are adults and have not gotten into it is this one or nothing. Do you have any credit unions around that you could become members of? We have used them for 30 years for all our credit and mortgage needs. Excellent service.

Thread Information