Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Counter-examples of why Rob is wrong about cops.

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    And you know "that won't happen here." because you are a moderator?
    She's an Administrator. There are two and I'm the other, so yeah, that's how she knows.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    And you know "that won't happen here." because you are a moderator?
    I am no longer a moderator here and I agree that due to my fondness for controversial topics it is for the best for this board that I am not one. No problem there. That said, were I a moderator, I would have stepped in and said something. No slam on Alan or any of the mods here - I'm just saying this is what I would have done were I in that position, which I am not, and agree it is for the best that I am not nor will be.

Different strokes, different folks, etc, is my point. Different people would have handled this differently. When I first arrived here in 2005 there was a very liberal bunch running the show here - I'm guessing IL will remember that? They would have handled this differently, too - probably taking it further than I would have. But it's all good, no real harm done. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    She's an Administrator. There are two and I'm the other, so yeah, that's how she knows.
    Good to know. Thanks for answering.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    When I first arrived here in 2005 there was a very liberal bunch running the show here - I'm guessing IL will remember that? They would have handled this differently, too - probably taking it further than I would have. But it's all good, no real harm done. Rob
    LOL, yes they definitely would have taken it further, much further, that's why we don't anymore.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    LOL, yes they definitely would have taken it further, much further, that's why we don't anymore.
    LOL Yes here you are right, for once I totally agree with you. Whatever you may make of me, one thing is true regardless - I would not have gone as far as they would have. And I would have gotten over it a lot faster, too.......Rob

Alan, I am glad this forum is so hands off. It improves the forum.

Yes, this was a sad one. The policeman was just following up on a transaction at a store.

Saint Louis police investigated a big drug ring in the public housing projects two blocks from my house. They made arrests, and closed it down one year ago.

https://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...64a7c62a9.html

The Housing project residents there are still killing their kids, though. A ten year old died this afternoon over there. Tragic. Not unusual, sadly.

https://www.ktrs.com/child-fatally-s...using-complex/

IL, I couldn’t live that close to all those issues. No easy answer.

Has Simple Living Forums changed as to who can post what, when and where? This thread is even located in Open Forums.
    No, I don't think policies have changed.

Thread Information