Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Counter-examples of why Rob is wrong about cops.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Starting a threat titled "why Rob is wrong", and then saying "no, Rob, you can't post here" seems....wrong.
    I actually think it is totally acceptable to tell someone they are wrong.

And I never said Rob could not post here.

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    Happystuff, I noticed this too and I Thank You for posting what you have here.

I didn't appreciate being told I was not welcome to post here - it was very much like being in high school all over again. On the other hand, I do post of topics that are controversial and I do have thick skin so I let it go and chose not to make a big deal about it.

What really does bother me, though? There is a poster here named Dado Potato who posts on a somewhat regular basis and does not post of controversial issues as I do. He too was shut down and I found that unacceptable and low - as I said, he does not post of controversial issues as I do. I was thinking of just throwing in the towel here but there are posters here I won't name who I do appreciate and I do enjoy reading their posts and this site has been a regular go to for me since I arrived here in 2005 and I'm not one to just throw things away.

As I said, I have thick skin and I do post of controversy so some of this comes with that territory, I get that (even though it was done in a very high school way). Seriously, though, I'm sure if we went back over all of my posts since 2005 at some point I'm sure I've sunk to this level, too.

I do believe Dado Potato is owed an apology and even though I'm not the one who shut Dado Potato down - for what it's worth - I personally am sorry that various posters here treated you this way. I would not do that to you, personally, and I'm sorry others did.

Thank You for hearing me out on this - it's been bothering me. It's not like life or death to be honest and real - it's just that I do have a number of years here as a regular poster and I don't like seeing another regular poster - especially one who has not dabbled in controversy as I have - slammed.

That's all, I've said my piece. Rob
    Rob, my feeling is that you are not welcome on this thread.

Regarding Dado Potato's post, I felt it was inappropriate for this thread, so I expressed my opinion on that in a reply. That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    ...do I belong here anyway?
    In my opinion, yes, you definitely belong on this forum. I hope that you stay on here for as long as you like and that you express yourself.

But again, I am stating my preference regarding this thread; my preference is that you not post on this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    I find it ridiculous that Rob was asked not to post and the response to Dado. People go off topic all the time on threads.
    I stand by asking Rob not to post here. It is within my rights to ask him not to post here.

Dado's post seemed inappropriate for this thread, so I expressed that feeling to Dado. Again, I am within my rights.

UL, your attitude is following a predictable pattern as you have demonstrated many times in the past. Ugh!

I am happy and satisfied that everyone is allowed in our space here to express their thoughts and feelings about the thoughts and feelings of others. Human relations are not always smooth. Really, it is all ok! Even Rob being wrong most all of the time is ok!

Ha ha

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    UL, your attitude is following a predictable pattern as you have demonstrated many times in the past. Ugh!
    Do tell.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I am happy and satisfied that everyone is allowed in our space here to express their thoughts and feelings about the thoughts and feelings of others. Human relations are not always smooth. Really, it is all ok! Even Rob being wrong most all of the time is ok!

Ha ha
    I would never tell Rob he is not allowed to post anywhere. I simply would prefer he not post on this thread. I did not make this thread for him.

He can post as much as he wants here. I would just prefer he post zero times.

As for other threads, I encourage him to make posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    I would never tell Rob he is not allowed to post anywhere. I simply would prefer he not post on this thread. I did not make this thread for him.

He can post as much as he wants here. I would just prefer he post zero times.

As for other threads, I encourage him to make posts.
    Well, to be accurate, you dont have authority to tell Rob not to post because you dont have any power to back it up.

But I understand you were expressing your desire that he not post here. To me that is a harsh message but it is not a mean message.

Related, I took my unstable friend out to lunch a couple weeks ago and I gave her the harsh message that I do not support her in running for any officer positions for our organization. I want her to know that because I didn’t want her to count on my nominating her, voting for her, or helping her in office.Hard to hear, but not mean.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Well, to be accurate, you dont have authority to tell Rob not to post because you dont have any power to back it up.
    Even if I had that authority I would not use it. Rob has done nothing that I would deem so bad he needs to be officially banned from this or any thread.

Thread Information