Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Counter-examples of why Rob is wrong about cops.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    Even if I had that authority I would not use it. Rob has done nothing that I would deem so bad he needs to be officially banned from this or any thread.
    Agreed. Persistent wrong -headedness is not a banning offense.

UL, when your life is going well you are nicer, you post interesting topics, etc. When itís not you get mean, petty and argumentative. I know I have mentioned this before.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    UL, when your life is going well you are nicer, you post interesting topics, etc. When it’s not you get mean, petty and argumentative. I know I have mentioned this before.
    How do you know when my life is going well and when it is not?

Easy to tell from your posts. You didn’t get the job you wanted by Chicago and you really want a partner. You really dislike your job. You seem like a different person when you are happier.

Easy to tell from your posts. You didn’t get the job you wanted by Chicago and you really want a partner. You really dislike your job. You seem like a different person when you are happier.

I have been getting rejected from jobs for months now -- some I really wanted. The Chicago job is a setback, but my life has been mostly setbacks. I keep getting up, dusting myself off, and moving forward. I am like the pinata that keeps getting hit but never gives up the candy! haha

I do really dislike my job, but I mostly dislike the management. I can do a boring job. But when wacky and incompetent managers are running the show you really feel like you want to leave. haha Trust me!

As for wanting a partner... uh, yeah. That'd be nice. But it is not like I have ever been romantically successful during the time I have been on this forum. So I don't know what you are comparing.

If anything, I am more content being single now. And I feel like I have gained some insights and some more reasonable expectations for if I meet someone.

You are really putting all those human services degrees to good use on me.

IL, I couldn’t live that close to all those issues. No easy answer.
    I will never forget, NEVER, the social worker who was a part of the design meetings for Public Housing Failed Attempt #3.0 up the street from me.

She was slim, blonde, pretty, nicely dressed, and had a 2 carat diamond ring flashing on her hand. I will bet she left those meetings, got into her husband- subsidized BMW every night to drive out to the chichi suburb where she lived. She wasnt gonna live in this ‘hood, among the riffraff. But that didn't stop her from pointing out in clear ringing tones how much those housing project residents valued “their beautiful community” and how us urban pioneers needed to get over our desire for low occupancy numbers and new builds that didnt hurt our eyes. Underlying message: you white people are racist and we dont care what you think.

so yeah, you are not alone.

As I’ve said many times here, my multi-year experiences with public housing up the street and the federal government’ s HUD department and officials, attitudes and actions of public housing residents, and those who advocate and work within it all caused me to turn from pulling the Democratic lever to the Republican lever in the polling booth. I will never go back. My neighborhood has been fooked over so many times by these people. A pox on them.

edited to add: in the interest of factual reporting, I truly do not know where this lecturing blonde social worker lived. Maybe she did live in the city. Dont know if she drove a BMW. i do know that the head of the housing projects did drive a big, expensive, German car since we saw her regularly. Blech

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I will never forget, NEVER, the social worker who was a part of the design meetings for Public Housing Failed Attempt #3.0 up the street from me.

She was slim, blonde, pretty, nicely dressed, and had a 2 carat diamond ring flashing on her hand. I am quite certain she left those meetings, got into her husband- subsidized BMW every night to drive out to the chichi suburb where she lived. She wasnt gonna live in this ‘hood, among the riffraff. But that didn't stop her from pointing out in clear ringing tones how much those housing project residents valued “their beautiful community” and how us urban pioneers needed to get over our desire for low occupancy numbers and new builds that didnt hurt our eyes. Underlying message: you white people are racist and we dont care what you think.

so yeah, you are not alone.

As I’ve said many times here, my multi-year experiences with public housing up the street and the federal government’ s HUD department and officials, attitudes and actions of public housing residents, and those who advocate and work within it all caused me to turn from pulling the Democratic lever to the Republican lever in the polling booth. I will never go back. My neighborhood has been fooked over so many times by these people. A pox on them.
    I think some social workers do great work. And I applaud them!

I just happened to notice during my year in an MSW program that most of the folks going into social work had major problems. Some were "unstable." Some were from well-to-do backgrounds or -- like your example above -- married well and needed some cause to advocate for because they were bored but self-righteous and well-taken care of.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    ...caused me to turn from pulling the Democratic lever to the Republican lever in the polling booth. I will never go back.
    I could never do that. hahaha
    I am dyed in the wool liberal.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    I could never do that. hahaha
    I am dyed in the wool liberal.
    Never say never. . We may get you yet, my pretty!

Thread Information