Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spending and Moods

I'm always up for spending money--more so when I don't have much. I'm of the opinion that money isn't worth anything until it's traded for something useful. SO was always amazed that I had any left...

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I'm of the opinion that money isn't worth anything until it's traded for something useful.
    I completely agree with that. Since retiring last year my only real relationship with money was as a number on a spreadsheet, one that I checked and updated weekly.

Friday I finally put some of it to good use and traded a bit of it for a big-assed pickup truck to pull the Winnebago camper I traded more of it for yesterday. There may be something to the idea of money and moods, I'm feeling pretty satisfied today. Let new adventures begin!
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I completely agree with that. Since retiring last year my only real relationship with money was as a number on a spreadsheet, one that I checked and updated weekly.

Friday I finally put some of it to good use and traded a bit of it for a big-assed pickup truck to pull the Winnebago camper I traded more of it for yesterday. There may be something to the idea of money and moods, I'm feeling pretty satisfied today. Let new adventures begin!
    Post photos! Here

http://www.simplelivingforum.net/sho...hlight=Campers

My sister comforts herself with spending, but I do not. I probably do tend to spend a bit more when I'm in a happy, celebratory mood.

I'm an impulsive shopper to an extent, but mostly for my gazingus pin or stitchery stuff. However, nothing curbs it more than a strong cause.

For instance, I have denied myself a number of purchases lately (and I'm tempted regularly) because I told myself I will not buy myself one more indulgence while the migrant children are being held without adequate comfort and sanitary conditions.

Other times I will hold myself in check because I'm working on a weight loss goal or some other goal.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Okey Dokey, the camper is having some options installed now, I should have it available for photos next week.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Looking forward to seeing the pictures Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Looking forward to seeing the pictures Alan.
    Likewise--I'm anticipating vicarious wanderlust!

I hope to see pictures of the adventures as well. Little did you know, Alan, what you were setting in motion with this purchase. Oh, the pressure you are under now
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Thread Information