Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: July Frugals!

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I think that's silly. Gray is just a color and nothing more, unless you let it affect your personality and outlook. That could be un-appealing.
    You love your wife regardless... hopefully. But what is the point of looking or being perceived as older? Whether we like it or not, our society does not revere aging.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    There seem to be increasing numbers of gray-haired women thriving in the public eye lately.

People are treating me differently lately, but only with increased kindness and concern.

Attracting some random man isn't a goal of mine, and even if it were, it would be on my terms. Love me, love my mousy hair. Or not.
    People are treating you differently because they perceive you as being more frail or weak based on age. That is now the perception in our society. Why give in to that?

Who wants to attract “some random man?” The only ones who matter are the main characters in your life. I believe we live up to our image. You describe yourself as mousy (hair). Why not try to be vibrant? Do the best you can with what you have? It doesn’t take much more effort and it may make you feel better about yourself?

My friend's mother had the most gorgeous salt and pepper hair ever; I can't imagine her with another color. She looked great.

Personally, if I were concerned with looking young, I would consider a face lift. Nothing shouts "old" like a mop of unlikely-colored hair over a sagging, wrinkled face.
    entirely agreed. Now if one thinks they have to do it to stay employed then whatever do what you have to do. If gray really doesn't work with one's complexion then maybe it looks better dyed (I don't think this is always true.) Then dye it because it improves one's looks. But it doesn't have ANYTHING to do with looking younger, because that's simply not going to happen with hair dye.

I knew I had endured a change in thinking when, shortly after separating from my first wife (back in the early 00s), I went to a concert and was kind of followed around by a woman with electric-blue hair and I thought it was very attractive on her. I think it was the first time I saw hair color like that and saw it as part of a woman's look rather than as some statement of non-conformity.
    now there I agree, artsy types if that's what she is going for, always come across as being young at heart.
    Trees don't grow on money

I maintain my stubborn resistance to our society’s belief that old is bad. I am proudly 57 and I don’t try to fight it. People seem to respect me for it at work - Although I get hit on less. But who cares. I want respect and I usually get it once they know me. Some people seem to think I’m invisible the last few years - but then I start talking, 😄

Thread Information