Thread: talked to DR and sup

talked to DR and sup

Well I am increasing one medication, and if that is not making an impact either changing for adding an antidepressant. I thought I was moving out of the depressive episode it actually doesn't appear to be true.

I had a staff go to one of the other supervisors and tell her we were out of ratio yesterday when I was in charge. It is simply not true. I knew exactly how many kids we had and where for the afternoon. Sure the staffing was tight however I do NOT have programs out of ratio. My sup asked if it was okay if she talked to her, and I was fine with that. I felt it was time to just tell her I don't feel well. She asked if it was today and I told her it had been all summer. I didn't go into details other than saying I don't sleep well, and she didn't ask for more. She did ask what I needed from her and I said more admin time (it is not nearly enough to get my work done) and some positives about how we are doing.

I don't like the side effects right now of clenching my jaw and in general having a hard time being able to predict what I can eat. However the yawning has gotten better, and up to the last month my mood has improved. I also have a nice time with a friend planned tomorrow and the knitting/crochet group at the meditation center tonight was just what I needed.

I think it’s good that you asked for what you needed.

That sounds like a good conversation with the supervisor. It was a really positive sign she asked specifically what you needed and you had good answers that could be achieved. You do have a stressful job with a lot of responsibilities but you appear in control with the work. Now to balance it all. It is so critical to have a life outside of work.

Thanks, i have been thinking about how much positives make me do a better job. Literally everyone is complaining about hours. I can't really do anything, it is based on how many children are signed up. I just realized that sup asks all the time if I have done things but then is silent after that. So if she is okay with what I am doing then I have no idea. Not that it is a requirement at work to get positives but I do a better job.

Thread Information