Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: In hot pursuit of a better job!

  1. #1
    Senior Member Ultralight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    9,564

    In hot pursuit of a better job!

    I applied to a job in Tucson, AZ this evening.

  2. #2
    Senior Member rosarugosa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Eastern Massachusetts
    Posts
    4,133
    Did you ever hear back on the Chicago job, or did they just stop communicating with you?

  3. #3
    Senior Member Ultralight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    9,564
    Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    Did you ever hear back on the Chicago job, or did they just stop communicating with you?
    They ghosted me. There were still three steps left in the process. They needed me to consent to a background check, to send them the transcripts of my degrees, and then have their head honcho sign off on it.

    My best guess at this point is that a big wig stepped and told them they needed to hire a friend or family member or a colleague from another department that the big wig liked. So they just stopped communicating with me.
    But I don't know. I probably never will know.

    So I just gotta get back in the saddle and try again... and again...and again.

  4. #4
    Senior Member jp1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    4,525
    That seems odd that they would require the background check before the head honcho signed off. Every job I've gotten was a firm offer subject to successful background check.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Ultralight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    9,564
    Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    That seems odd that they would require the background check before the head honcho signed off. Every job I've gotten was a firm offer subject to successful background check.
    Oh, maybe that is the case. But still, they never even got to the background check or the transcripts for my degrees. They just ghosted!

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    7,320
    Since it’s government work it could have been a set salary.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,043
    Oooh, good luck with the Tucson job! I love that town/area. Fortunately I have friends who retired there, so I get to visit often.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Ultralight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    9,564
    Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Since it’s government work it could have been a set salary.
    I asked them that during the call when they made the offer, they said there might be room for negotiation and that they would call me back.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Ultralight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    9,564
    Quote Originally Posted by mschrisgo2 View Post
    Oooh, good luck with the Tucson job! I love that town/area. Fortunately I have friends who retired there, so I get to visit often.
    Thanks!

  10. #10
    Senior Member Ultralight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    9,564
    I just applied for a gig out in Washington state.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •