Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trying to take some time off

Trying to take some time off

I am getting to a point where I am trying to take today off. It would be fine except one person didn't get an updated schedule.

Update that they were able to cover me, so I have the day to recover from a headache. I have been clenching my teeth all the time lately.

I am making too many mistakes honestly. I have lost 2 receipts, which is not like me at all. At my last position I never lost any points in our p-card system. It is VERY important to get all the purchasing correct. Apparently a staff did not get her updated schedule, and a child who was a drop in was also part of what I do. I am not okay with this, I feel like my brain is not working well at all. The only time I have been this off was my last job, and other than some micromanaging I think this place is much better. So it may be time to talk to someone at work and let them know that I am concerned and seeking some help with it.

In any case I am going to sit outside for awhile, take something for my head,

Maybe a good idea to see your psychiatrist and see if your medications need tweaking.

yes, we are upping the mood stabilizer but I am more concerned about attention. Losing things really upsets me. yesterday I left my phone at home and couldn't find my debit card. I actually have a second checking account with a debit card because this happens often enough.

Can you get on disability for your illnesses? This way you would not have to work. Maybe then you could enjoy life some.

Sounds like some helpful routines are needed. One place in the house to put purse and lay out everything in it each evening. Hubby had to do this for his wallet, phone and keys. They kept getting laid all over the house so now there is one box to put them in which is inside a cupboard.

A list for what is needed each morning. Routines with paper to check off actually can help take some of the stress off. I am having trouble remembering to take my morning asthma medication so we added a check to our weight list on the mirror with a pencil. We do this with kids and it is a good thing. I dont know where/when you get the receipts but a special zippered pouch labeled receipts could go in your purse or desk or wherever you first get them. Then they are only removed when you are ready to place them in the proper folder, etc.

ps It is hard for anyone to concentrate with a headache.

Ultralight, that is a huge step and not one I really want to take. It seems like a point of no return overall to go on disability. Summer is very stressful in this line of work, I just think I can work, not sure what to do next however. I thought this job had more kid contact, and it does, but still lots of detailed paperwork. Just so much detailed paperwork. I thought last night about other things I could do, do my own business of after school programming, a variety of teaching gigs in meditation and crochet and working with youth. The creative part is so necessary, right now I am designing a display of trees and cloud formations out of yarn for a maker event. I get visions of projects in meditation. It is a talent, but not sure anyone wants this in a job.

sweetana, that is very nice but I think I am beyond helpful systems. I have a lot of systems and organization but at some point at least one thing falls apart. I have checklists for EVERYTHING, routines, meds reminder on the phone, etc. The receipt is driving me nuts because I have a system, I have had paper moved and files cleaned out for me. This is my illness, it doesn't react well to high stress.

do my own business
    You realize this would also come with lots of detailed paperwork, only with no one to remind you that it needs to be done?

Quote Originally Posted by herbgeek View Post
    You realize this would also come with lots of detailed paperwork, only with no one to remind you that it needs to be done?
    yes, sigh. that is the problem everywhere I go.

Could forgetfulness be a side effect of medication?

SSDI is extremely difficult to get and can take up to 2 years. If you keep getting denied it goes before a judge that hires a vocational expert to determine if you can do any work at all and what’s available at your local area. You have to be prepared to support yourself during these 2 years because you cannot be working. They do back pay you if you win. 2 years after you win you are eligible for Medicare. My experience working in this area is by the time people win they are broke, in debt and usually have friends/ family that they can live with during this time. It’s grueling and no guarantees you will win plus then you are living on a smaller amount of money depending on how high a earner you were.

Thread Information