Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need help clearing closet

Newgig and Gardnr - Great tips. Thanks!

Dada - I love the look of a spare closet. I love seeing a small amount of space between the hangers. I do major cleanouts using many different methods, but then find I crave variety. We have long winters and halfway through, I am sick of everything. Often I prowl ebay looking for items I sold or discarded because I miss them, even though I only wore them a few times the past seasons.

So my goal is a spare closet. Unfortunately, it doesn't work with my craving for variety.

I would quit getting rid of clothes because it doesn’t make you happy in the long run. You are rebuying and that’s a waste of money. Just accept that is part of who you are now.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    I would quit getting rid of clothes because it doesn’t make you happy in the long run. You are rebuying and that’s a waste of money. Just accept that is part of who you are now.
    Exactly!

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    I agree with this! (And I am an extreme minimalist.)

Teacher, Gardnr and Ultralight - Wow! Never looked at it that way. I've been fighting this for a long time, but never considered acceptance. I own very little of anything else. Our condo is very spare. We only own what we use. It's just my closet that's full. And I do wear everything, some things far more than others. Some things hardly at all, but they do get worn.

I will try acceptance and also try not to bring anything else in for awhile. Hopefully for a long while.

But you might want to get rid of that hair shirt...

I'm not a big fan of pointless self-denial, personally. Enjoy your wardrobe!

Thread Information