Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Drinking the Kool-Aid and buying a smart phone.

Sounds good and get the 7.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Sounds good and get the 7.
    They look very similar. Is there a big difference I would not have been able to see?

A couple friends of mine have "security cameras" inside their home/apartment, so when they are away they can see a live video of what is going on at home (usually nothing).

The 6 has been deprecated by Apple. The 7 will be supported longer.

One difference is that the 6 has a plain ol' headphone jack; the 7 does not. Partly for that reason, the 7 is listed as "water-resistant"; the 6 is not. Of these two choices, getting the 7 is a no-brainer.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by dado potato View Post
    A couple friends of mine have "security cameras" inside their home/apartment, so when they are away they can see a live video of what is going on at home (usually nothing).
    That is weird hobby, but to each their own!

Quote Originally Posted by SteveinMN View Post
    The 6 has been deprecated by Apple. The 7 will be supported longer.

One difference is that the 6 has a plain ol' headphone jack; the 7 does not. Partly for that reason, the 7 is listed as "water-resistant"; the 6 is not. Of these two choices, getting the 7 is a no-brainer.
    Worth the extra 100 bones?

Yes because you will need to replace the 6 sooner. Eventually the updates won’t work and neither will your phone. I went through this.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Yes because you will need to replace the 6 sooner. Eventually the updates won’t work and neither will your phone. I went through this.
    My BIL is still using an old iPhone 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    My BIL is still using an old iPhone 4.
    I've still got an iPhone 4 although I'm not currently using it. It's not eligible for OS updates and newer apps will not work on it because of the old OS. If that's not important to you, it still works wonderfully as a phone.

I'm currently using an iPhone 6S which will be eligible for the next OS update, IOS 13, which should be out later this year although that will probably be the last OS available for the phone. I believe the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus are maxed out at the current OS, IOS 12.

I suspect my 6S will be good for another 2 years before the lack of updates has a negative effect.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I've still got an iPhone 4 although I'm not currently using it. It's not eligible for OS updates and newer apps will not work on it because of the old OS. If that's not important to you, it still works wonderfully as a phone.

I'm currently using an iPhone 6S which will be eligible for the next OS update, IOS 13, which should be out later this year although that will probably be the last OS available for the phone. I believe the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus are maxed out at the current OS, IOS 12.

I suspect my 6S will be good for another 2 years before the lack of updates has a negative effect.
    Excellent info! Thanks.

Thread Information