Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tastes changing over time...

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    My and DH's favorite rice by far. When I was in NJ I was able to buy it in huge burlap bags for $11 because of the large Indian community there. I'm going to miss that up here in VT.
    One of these days I'm going to make a pilgrimage to Bellevue and their Indian Market, but until then I'm going with
    Royal Chef's Secret Extra Long Grain from Amazon.

The only thing I am aware of is a dislike for too sweet or two salty that has developed over the years, ie most processed food.

A while ago I went through a Kimchi phase. Off the shelf supermarket versions and more expensive specialty versions. I even thought about making my own, but all of a sudden the urge was gone. Going off meat a few years ago took some of the cooking variety away. I've tried to replace the variety with more international cuisine. I still get meat urges, especially to the smell of fried chicken and hamburger cooking. I go off the wagon once or twice a month, mostly eating at other peoples houses or restaurants where there are not a lot of options other than going hungry, but it doesn't taste as good as it once did.

Thread Information