Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Is this the new normal?

This is not the new normal. It is the old normal. Change is a historical constant. There have always been winners and losers.

Normal until Trump is gone ... Trump is a Hitler-wanna be...the supreme commander.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    This is not the new normal. It is the old normal. Change is a historical constant. There have always been winners and losers.
    +1

Just was watching some off the Moon programs that have been on the last week. It seems quite comparable, and to paraphrase one of the astronauts, there was three America's going on. The ones fighting for or against things (rights, the war, etc) and the ones inside the space bubble. In my limited time living, I have seen and been told by older folks, how we have traditionally swung from one side (too far) to the other (too far).

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    Normal until Trump is gone ... Trump is a Hitler-wanna be...the supreme commander.
    Trump is not an epochal figure. He is about ten years away from being a trivia question.

Trump is not an epochal figure. He is about ten years away from being a trivia question.
    I like your attitude! LOL

And, if you don't mind, I am going to borrow this witticism!

Looking at the progress being made on any number of fronts, even during my lifetime, I have come to the conclusion that if you aren’t an optimist you’re either selling something or you simply haven’t been paying attention.

Looking at the progress being made on any number of fronts, even during my lifetime, I have come to the conclusion that if you aren’t an optimist you’re either selling something or you simply haven’t been paying attention.
    I kind of enjoy that outlook of yours. Though I don't share it.

Something I really like about my dog is that he is an optimist. He knows -- just knows! -- that I am going to give him treats and take him on walks at the park.

I agree Trump is not an important figure but he definitely is a Hitler-wanna be. He wants to be THE supreme commander.

My conclusion is you are turning your head... you have blinders on and only see what you want to see. It is time to face reality before it is too late. Look at what happened with Hitler! All the warning signs are there. Trump saying he loves Kim and buddies with Putin. That is beyond bizarre!

The book is based on UN-based facts, objectively obtained according to scientific methods. This is what makes it credible. The author acknowledges those issues that need greater attention.
    It may be right as far as it goes, but it seems to me many UN-based facts are none so optimistic, the IPCC climate report, the report on species extinction. "Issues that need greater attention" seems radical trivialization .

Trump in another time would be a bad farce, a wanna be Hitler dressed up for Halloween, a corrupt businessman, a spoiled brat born with a silver spoon up his @#$#, a jerk, a petty hater ranting on a soapbox, a ridiculous leader of a failing state. In these actual times he's something far worse: a waste of time we don't have.
    Trees don't grow on money

Thread Information