Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My zip code is once again abuzz......(but will it do any good???)

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar

My zip code is once again abuzz......(but will it do any good???)

I'll pass over mentioning my zip code yet once again and cut to the chase as it were. Awhile ago I was sent home from work as it's really slow right now so I was able to access my personal phone and found a phone tree voice mail in regards to Trump......apparently there is a representative named Al Green, a Democrat from Texas, who is forcing (or is calling for a better way to put it?) a vote for impeaching Donald Trump.

You'all of course know by now that I am no friend of Trump and neither is my zip code - but I also have to temper my joy with some reality at this late stage in the game. Is an impeachment vote even practical at this point, given that the Democrats have already started debates to whittle down their candidate count for 2020? What could a successful impeachment vote achieve at this point, and what are the realistic chances that such a vote would pass the GOP controlled Senate?

I guess what I'm asking is this - is my gut instinct that calling for an impeachment vote at this late date a total waste of time and taxpayer money? I'd love to see Trump out of office. I still have an outfit waiting for such a day and I now have a nice watch to wear with this outfit and I even have a few American flags to fly around should Trump be impeached - please don't think I don't want him out of office. My point is that it's likely too late at this time, or am I totally off base here? There are posters here who will not be the slightest bit shy of letting me know that I'm off base if this is their perception......Rob

Yes it’s a waste of time and money.

The only way he is going to be out of office is if someone assassinates him. Or, if people wake up and see how much damage he is doing to the country and environment. I doubt that will happen though because too many people have blinders on. They only care about his Republican designation.

What specific charges is he bringing in the proposed articles of impeachment?

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Yes it’s a waste of time and money.
    I'm thinking you are dead on, TT. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    What specific charges is he bringing in the proposed articles of impeachment?
    Good question, bae. I'm not sure but I will google. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    Good question, bae. I'm not sure but I will google. Rob
    Bae, Al Green filed paperwork to the effect that Donald J Trump is unfit to be President of the United States. He goes on to specify specific ways in which Mr. Trump is unfit. Rob

Bae, Al Green filed paperwork to the effect that Donald J Trump is unfit to be President of the United States. He goes on to specify specific ways in which Mr. Trump is unfit. Rob
    Which high crimes and misdemeanors is he charging?

Those ways he's supposedly specifying appear to be the contents of several tweets, but I suspect his real motivation is to show his willingness to do just about anything for attention.

This is also the third time Rep Green has forced an impeachment vote. The previous two were handily defeated in the House by votes of 354-58 and 355-66 respectively.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Those ways he's supposedly specifying appear to be the contents of several tweets, but I suspect his real motivation is to show his willingness to do just about anything for attention.
    Sounds eerily similar to what appears to be the motivation for those tweets.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    This is also the third time Rep Green has forced an impeachment vote. The previous two were handily defeated in the House by votes of 354-58 and 355-66 respectively.
    We're getting there. Although I doubt it perhaps the third time will be the charm.

Thread Information